Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my tail lights and led brake light tinted today. The product used was VHT Nightshade and the process is completely reversible. Here are a few photos taken during the process.

Before

·
Registered
123 Posts
That looks unbelievably good against the black. Nice! And nicely documented with all of the photos.
...and the list of mods goes on... Wheels next? :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks FamGuy! I'm looking into wheels but I wanna do all the little mods first lol. Plus getting rims that aren't 18s will mess with the handling and the suspension so I gotta do a little more research cause I definitely want at least 22s, either black, chrome, or black with chrome lol.

I was thinking about painting the gray part of the grille black and leaving the chrome or leaving the gray and painting the chrome idk yet... All I know is something else is being painted when I go paint my front spoiler lol.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol thanks. The CT is already unique and rare but I'm always looking for little ways to make it different. The lights still shine at basically the same brightness which is also a plus.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a few night shots I took. As you can see the light output is basically the same. You can clearly see that the brakes are engaged.

Before (pic I took a few weeks after buying it)

After

·
Registered
237 Posts
How is this process reversible?
According to VHT's website they say this regarding the VHT Nightshade - Warning: Once applied to plastic lens, SP999 is not able to be satisfactorily removed.

I love that look and was going to get some, but that warning on the VHT's site kinduve threw me..

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a pain but it does come off with alcohol and cotton balls. Ppl have also used paint remover. We had to remove it and start over on the coupe but that was like 2 hours after applying so it would probably become more difficult later on but it will come off.

I don't think I can ever go back to the stock look anyway lol...

·
Registered
422 Posts
mmm... looks fairly good compared to the other people who tint their tails =D

still not a fan of tinted tails, but to each its own :D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea tints aren't for everyone but I'm glad I did it. I love the stealth look on the brake light. The tinting actually makes the red stand out more than it did before especially during the day...

·
Registered
156 Posts
How many coats did you use? I did that to my cavalier tail lights years ago using Nightshade. I had used 3 coats of the Nightshade (which left a matt finish) followed byone layer of clearcoat. They looked really dark but didn't affect the visibility of my tail lights.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I gave it one coat and felt like they were dark enough. Around here cops look for any reason to pull you over. They have a deep cranberry gloss look to them right now without clear coat I'll see how they look tomorrow cause its raining right now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts