Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I tinted my windows and did clear on my windshield. I don't think we can go as dark as you did here in Cali.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Very nice.

Did you darken your rear windows as well?

(I had my fronts tinted to match the factory rears... 20%)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tinted my windows and did clear on my windshield. I don't think we can go as dark as you did here in Cali.
Here in Seattle we usually can get by with dark windows. I do visit Cali often. When I had my BMW while in Cali I never got a ticket. Maybe visitors they don't bother when they see our license plates?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Looks good... I wish I could go that dark here in NY but that's a definite ticket if you bump into the wrong cop lol...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Looks good... I wish I could go that dark here in NY but that's a definite ticket if you bump into the wrong cop lol...
On regular vehicles, can you tint your windows dark in NY? I figured since we have it all in one, a car, suv, wagon. Should not be a problem. Most folks don't know that the CT is really a SUV? Unless they're a smart Cop, who's been doing his homework studying the CT? Lol...

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Were i live if they give you a ticket for dark windows it's cuz you did something else but they can't prove it so they burn you for that instead !!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yea or when they're just looking to make their night. The things I have seen ppl do in front of cops and get away with pisses me off cause I don't have to do anything to get pulled over. I lower my windows down no matter the weather when I see cops cause at night tints are always "too dark." Once a cop actually told me to raise my window and measured the light output with some machine. I had to explain to him that my car is black, has a black interior, has rear privacy windows from factory, but I have 35 percent tint which is 65 percent visibility in my front windows which is legal. I'm sure he knew that and that's why he stopped me. He told me in NY 70 percent visibility is the legal limit. I then added that everything looks darker at night even if I didn't have tints it would look like I did. He let me slide since I wasn't rude to him I guess.

Cops in Long Island actually remove the tints off the car if the measure it too dark. It's happened to a few of my friends. Their trick is always to do it at night smh. Once I got stopped and the cop told me that tinting period is illegal in NYC and to remove them ASAP. Yea sure... when everyone else removes them I'll follow suit LOL.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I drove around for 4 years with my previous car without any problems (California) just last January I got a "fix-it" citation. Still I matched the front windows of my CT first thing! Looks great keeps the interior cool (er). Just hope they don't get me again!

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think that looks great! I just hope I can do the same thing on mine one day. I'm not even sure what the legal % is for my place. I sure as hell don't want to meet another cop for at least several years. My passat already got me into enough trouble:D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I drove around for 4 years with my previous car without any problems (California) just last January I got a "fix-it" citation. Still I matched the front windows of my CT first thing! Looks great keeps the interior cool (er). Just hope they don't get me again!
Love the look! Looks like mines..Lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts