Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tinted the front to windows in my CT to match the back windows. The shop did a great job with the match up and it actually made a big difference. It looks great :) I was also hoping that it will protect the seats a little and maybe they wont be as hot after sitting in the sun all day :) Now I just need new wheels :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
I did this when I got my CT as well and it makes a HUGE difference in appearance.

My fronts were done to 20% to match the rears... although technically anything darker than 35% in my state (on the front windows) is illegal.

But I haven't had any problems yet.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Tint can be used for many benefits:

1) Keep prying eyes from looking into your car for something to steal.
2) Keep Police from noticing if you are wearing your seat belt.
3) Protects the leather and interior from sun/heat damage
4) The A/C keeps the interior cooler and cooler quicker.
5) During an accident, glass is less of a problem.

I'm sure there are more benefits, but this is all that come to mind right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah front tint is illegal all together in my state. It gives the car a better apperance and I figured it would protect the leather and keep it cooler in the summer. Also it helps out when the person behind me has super bright lights that are blinding me in my side mirror :)

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Tint was one of the first things I added to my car. I tinted the maximum allowed in my state. Obviously, check your own state and local laws for tint. I used a tint shop and paid something like $85 or so. My only requirement with the tint was to make sure that it did not have any metallic in the tint. I use my radar detector and tint with metallic in the coating can block radar. But of course, I don't speed. Here are two picture of the tint on my car. If you have a red or blue car you can get tint with a bit of red or blue in it. Personally, I like the colored tint that matches the color of the car. Mine is just smoke color.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
I agree tint looks good but I'm not happy to see it. So many times I'll be looking at a driver trying to see if they've noticed me, either in my car or on a bike, to see who's going next at a stop sign or something, and I can't see them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will post pictures of mine up. I had them match the back factory tint. My place charges $30/per window so it was $64 with tax.

·
Registered
422 Posts
ive tinted mine twice over... once to match my rear windows..
Currently i have tint ontop of the factory tinted glass. i love it when people try to peek thru my car and cant see anything...

·
Registered
422 Posts
im in canada so it might be a lot different for those of you in the USA.

i recall paying about 350 for all the windows. i also had to pay 50 for them to peel the previous tint in the fron 2 windows (wasnt dark enough for me)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts