Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally went ahead and tinted the windows. (5% all the way around) gave her a nice bath and some ibex restorer. Next is rims and to drop it :)

1456529_1556029504629078_5716282572584212073_n.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looking great!

·
Super Moderator
759 Posts
Yes, your car does look great! BUT – you are aware that in Arizona the law is 33%, not 5% (the lower the number the darker the tint). The police can stop you and ticket you.

Most people don’t like to give the police any extra reason for stopping them.

The tint laws are not just for police safety when walking up to a car, but as you probably already know, trying to see clearly at night is almost impossible when looking out of 5% tinted glass. Your visibility has been greatly hampered.

Often on a first offense and if the police officer is in a good mood, they will issue a ‘Fix It Ticket’, no fine, but where you need to come to court and prove that you fixed your vehicle to comply with the law. Depending on the mood of the officer and the financial situation of the police department, he might just write you a slew of tickets for the income benefit and/or his quota (yes, most all traffic police are on a quota).

I have a few suggestions:

When you see a police car, immediately roll down your front windows.
Carry a prescription from your eye doctor stating you need the dark tint.
Change out the window tint to comply with the law.

Only you can decide the risk.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here in Arizona or at least with my experience I haven't had any issues. This is my third car here with 5% all around. Typically my windows are down in the front if its not 100+ out. Yeah at night it sucks, so when I am in a unlit area I roll my windows down for safety reasons. I have been pulled over in my Saab when it had 5% and it was actually the day I got the tint done so I couldn't roll down the windows lol. He didn't even say anything about the tint lol. It's really all about how that officer feels for the day or that quota is about due lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the newest pics of my car! Next will be HIDs and Exhaust then I'm pretty much done unless Hondata comes out with a tune for this beast! I love the sound of the intake! (Yes I know its not the most "Optimal")

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Love the K&N Typhoon also :D

I've had HIDs for a while, and definitely love them... I have HID on Low and High, with DRL turned off... and LED kit in the Fogs... HID in Fogs just makes them into Highs... so I don't use them in that slot (Blinds people / Lights up actual Fog and not road).

You have any thoughts on Exhaust work?

I'm thinking of doing some new mufflers, any idea what would work well with the K&N and keep it quiet during long trips but roars when accelerating?

·
Registered
349 Posts
unless Hondata comes out with a tune for this beast!
The transmission would need some tuning, launching this heavy beast off the line is really hard, I wish the trannny would be more agressive , even in sports mode. But for 99% of driving situations, it's fine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not to sure on exhaust yet! I want something subtle until I put the gas pedal to the floor. IF you have any suggestions let me know :) As for the tuning IVAN I would diffly look into tuning the transmission also. You said something about sport mode. Is that a 4 cylinder thing? Or am I missing something lol?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the K&N Typhoon also :D

I've had HIDs for a while, and definitely love them... I have HID on Low and High, with DRL turned off... and LED kit in the Fogs... HID in Fogs just makes them into Highs... so I don't use them in that slot (Blinds people / Lights up actual Fog and not road).

You have any thoughts on Exhaust work?

I'm thinking of doing some new mufflers, any idea what would work well with the K&N and keep it quiet during long trips but roars when accelerating?
How did you turn off the DRLs? Pulling the fuse? If so does that cancel out the AUTO headlights?! Where did you get all your bulbs etc.?!

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Yes I pulled the DRL Fuse (which is only really necessary for the LED Kits on Highbeams, since DRL doesn't have enough power to actually run the HID).

No it doesn't affect the auto headlights... DRL is literally another wire that runs with the same cable bundle only into the back of the High Beams...

I got my HID stuff from The Retrofit Source, they are expensive but quality stuff...

Still, would I buy from them again? Probably not...
1) I've spent my many hours figuring out all the tricks to installing light bulbs, so I can always replace them if the cheaper stuff breaks on me...

2) Because it is 2 times cheaper on Amazon to get a descent kit...

Still, they do come with a Relay with the Kit that the Amazon kits don't come with... so maybe it's worth it for the first time buy.

LED Kits for the FOG lights can be bought on Amazon... just find something that actually uses a ballast, the non ballast bulbs are for show, and not for actual Fog use.

How did you turn off the DRLs? Pulling the fuse? If so does that cancel out the AUTO headlights?! Where did you get all your bulbs etc.?!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! Yeah the relay thing! I can do that myself. It's just to make sure the ballast are getting the full 12v from the battery.. I was thinking Retrofit but they are a little pricey. Then again you do pay for what you get sometimes. I will be pulling my DRL fuse today lol I hate DRL's

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I advised AZN on a innovited hid kit, and I think he's pretty happy with it... It's cheaper, but I think it has better value for the price...

Again, I'd go with 5000K @ 35W
or 6000K @ 50W ballasts...

Thanks! Yeah the relay thing! I can do that myself. It's just to make sure the ballast are getting the full 12v from the battery.. I was thinking Retrofit but they are a little pricey. Then again you do pay for what you get sometimes. I will be pulling my DRL fuse today lol I hate DRL's

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AZN as in AZN Optics or as in someone on here? Yeah I'll be doing either 5000k or 6000K for the 55w

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Oh AZN as in the new CT on the block... Azntour joined a few weeks ago I think.

AZN as in AZN Optics or as in someone on here? Yeah I'll be doing either 5000k or 6000K for the 55w

1 - 15 of 15 Posts