Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! We've have had our Crosstour for nine months now and continue to appreciate all its fine qualities: comfortable ride, flexible space, lots of backseat room, etc.

One thing we have noticed, though, is that there's a *THUMP* in the passenger seat when we turn corners, like something is rolling around *inside* the seat, not under it. We can actually *hear* it, and it's like something rolls under my butt when we turn corners!

Has anyone else experienced this? We took it to the dealer, but they were "unable to replicate" the problem. Of course. :mad: We're going to take it back and have my husband drive while the service dude sits in the passenger seat.

This seemed like a good place to see whether anyone had experienced something similar. I wonder if it's the seat-heating unit that may not be properly grounded in the seat.

·
Registered
621 Posts
That is quite bizarre!

I'm not sure what it could be... I was going to say that I have noticed that the way the floor and everything is arranged under the front seats, there is kind of a "no-man's land" there.

I had a half full water bottle trapped in there and was rolling around and hitting things. I couldn't see it readily from the front or the back, but it was there and I was able to grab it and pull it out.

But!

If you took it to the dealer I imagine that either you or they would have found something that was rolling around underneath.

Perhaps a loose seat bolt which is causing the seat to shift back and forth?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is quite bizarre!

If you took it to the dealer I imagine that either you or they would have found something that was rolling around underneath.

Perhaps a loose seat bolt which is causing the seat to shift back and forth?
It feels more like something inside the seat, which I can imagine isn't something the dealer service dept is going to want to deal with. The seat itself feels firmly rooted. As you say, it's bizarre!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem

My wife has had her new Crosstour for about 3 months and we have had the same problem with the bump under the passenger seat. We took it to the dealer who replaced the seat frame without fixing the problem. Honda opened a case on the car and we were informed that it is just the way the car was and there was nothing they could(or would do about it) to say the least we are not happy and I will try to persue this further. Think I will take a test ride in several of the other new ones on a lot and see if they have the same issue. This is our first Honda and we bought it because of the great reviews and service they are suppose to have, I can say if this is how they take care of customers and the quality of new cars I can expect it will be the last one we ever have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts