Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I can search, but starting a new thread seems like a better option considering the lack of traffic and new experiences.

Does anyone have the factory rack installed? How is the wind noise? Fitment, +'s or -'s? I need to haul a couple of bikes and would rather have on top instead of behind....

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes I can search, but starting a new thread seems like a better option considering the lack of traffic and new experiences.

Does anyone have the factory rack installed? How is the wind noise? Fitment, +'s or -'s? I need to haul a couple of bikes and would rather have on top instead of behind....
I have it.

The fitment is great.

The wind noise is enough that I no longer drive around with my sunroof open above 30mph. In fact, I constantly have the shade closed to abate the noise.

They sit high off of the roof, to clear the sunroof when it is up in the "vent" position.

Getting bikes up and down from the rack seems to be cumbersome at best. I've decided to use a hitch mounted bike rack instead of a roof rack mounted one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know. I may look for hitch options instead. I certainly like the quiet ride and knew that I would sacrifice some of that. I guess when you came from a noisy car then added a roof rack it is not so bad, but I am not sure that I want to go to "noisy" again....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thule

Get Thule removable. It works great and pretty quiet. I got it on mine and can remove it when not in use. Very solid.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks,,

Hehe,, the dealer wanted almost 600 for the hitch rack and almost 300 to install. My look must have been priceless because he quickly added that they could work with me on the price....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts