Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experienced this? 2010 Crosstour.

Twice today my car alarm went off in the parking lot. I had locked the car with one push of the remote, as I always do.

When I got in and started it up, the dash indicator showed my rear lift gate was open. It is not. I open and shut it several times to be sure.

Then when I tried to lock the doors with the remote control, they will not lock and the turn signals do not flash. They UNLOCK but they won't lock.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sounds like a problem with your rear hatch. For whatever reason your car doesn't believe it's full latched all the way. (either it isn't because of misalignment or the sensor is faulty)

This would create all the problems you describe.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Weak Batteries???

This may not apply at all to the CT. But on the ROC, many Honda RL owners found a weak/old car battery made their trucks act strangely. The RL was very finicky with a weak/old battery in em.

Just a quick check to see how your car battery is charging may eliminate that as a possible issue. And to be extra safe; check the battery in your key fob. Maybe try locking your doors with the inside car lock button on door instead of the fob to compare. Process of elimination and all ya know. Again, may not be the issue at all but won't hurt to try it.

Maybe the rubber seal around back hatch is pinching or protruding to keep from complete closure.

Good luck and pls let us know how it all turns out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem, my 2013 CT alarm would go off about every half hour, for 2 minutes, reset and go off again 30 minutes later. The only way to stop it going off (and keep the neighbours and family from killing me) was to leave the fob in the car, this way the alarm didn't arm. Obviously not a preferable situation to leave your fob in the car unlocked. Turned out to be the front hood latch mechanism. Honda replaced under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts