19 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Visually it looks like Honda's UR-V that has been sold in the Asian markets:

I like it. It looks like the Crosstour crossed over to a SUV. That 370 Turbo is what I’m talking about. Prices for the UR-V start at US$35,900 to US$47.900) according to Google search, but it's not sold in US, sad.

I'm still loving my CT. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Crosstour and I love it. Would have upgraded to the 2015, but I wasn't ready for a new car at the time.... and then they were discontinued because of "poor sales".

Well, here's the thing. The only Honda commercials I ever saw were for the Civic or the Accord. Or they would be pushing the CR-V. I never once saw a commercial for the Crosstour. In fact the only reason I learned about it was I was looking at the CR-V, and I was looking at the Accord, and trying to decide between the two, as they both had features I wanted, but neither checked all the boxes. The salesman asked me if I needed help, and I quipped "Can you get these two to mate and have a kid?" He smiles and said, "Well, as a matter of fact....." and directed me to the Crosstour, which, at the time, I had heard NOTHING about. It had EVERYTHING I wanted, and even a few things I didn't know I wanted. And I see a number of them on the road. The people that have them LOVE THEM.

They need to bring it back, and this time, they need to advertise a bit more. But I suspect They figured the Crosstour was cannibalizing sales from both the Accord and the CRV, and they were probably looking to make room in the lineup for the HRV, which is to the Civic what the CRV is to the Accord.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 2011 Crosstour and I love it. Would have upgraded to the 2015, but I wasn't ready for a new car at the time.... and then they were discontinued because of "poor sales".

Well, here's the thing. The only Honda commercials I ever saw were for the Civic or the Accord. Or they would be pushing the CR-V. I never once saw a commercial for the Crosstour. In fact the only reason I learned about it was I was looking at the CR-V, and I was looking at the Accord, and trying to decide between the two, as they both had features I wanted, but neither checked all the boxes. The salesman asked me if I needed help, and I quipped "Can you get these two to mate and have a kid?" He smiles and said, "Well, as a matter of fact....." and directed me to the Crosstour, which, at the time, I had heard NOTHING about. It had EVERYTHING I wanted, and even a few things I didn't know I wanted. And I see a number of them on the road. The people that have them LOVE THEM.

They need to bring it back, and this time, they need to advertise a bit more. But I suspect They figured the Crosstour was cannibalizing sales from both the Accord and the CRV, and they were probably looking to make room in the lineup for the HRV, which is to the Civic what the CRV is to the Accord.
A trunk was a waste of space to me. IMO the CR-V was underpowered. The Crosstour with a V-6 was exactly what I needed.
There was once a glimmer of hope to bring it back, but now with the success of the Honda Pilot and Passport, with the success of Acura MDX and RDX, and with all the emphasis on creating electric vehicles, I won't say never because stranger things have happened, but it's not even a topic for discussion.
It probably would have sold better if they would have called it an Accord Hatchback.

Reactions: Brizzzey

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, today us 12.16.2021 so if this is true HONDA better hurry. 😁
Obviously some misinformation Scotty must have gotten back then.

Reactions: Brizzzey
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.