Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Someone posted this in the facebook group. I'll wait for an actual Honda announcement comes before getting my hopes up too high. Would be nice though if it did and the new version got some decent aftermarket support (and not just in terms of lowering, I'm would still look to lift a new version of the Crosstour).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would be interesting if they would bring back the Crosstour but I have my doubts. Many people who post on the forums are looking for answers to various issues with their car. Or those who like to modify and add enhancements. Those of us who have a Crosstour with no issues or do not enhance , post very little, as myself. I have a 2011 and love the car, bit overpriced but at the dealership they dropped the price enough that I felt I bought at a good price. Also, I got a dealership free oil change as long as I own the car and I am making it unprofitable for them. They discontinued the program. Basically, keep on top of maintenance, lucky that I have had no problems, great car and will keep it as long as I can. And lets face it, back in the '80's we could call it a hatchback so in reality it is an Accord Hatchback, basically. The thought of a return is interesting but doubtful.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would be interesting if they would bring back the Crosstour but I have my doubts. Many people who post on the forums are looking for answers to various issues with their car. Or those who like to modify and add enhancements. Those of us who have a Crosstour with no issues or do not enhance , post very little, as myself. I have a 2011 and love the car, bit overpriced but at the dealership they dropped the price enough that I felt I bought at a good price. Also, I got a dealership free oil change as long as I own the car and I am making it unprofitable for them. They discontinued the program. Basically, keep on top of maintenance, lucky that I have had no problems, great car and will keep it as long as I can. And lets face it, back in the '80's we could call it a hatchback so in reality it is an Accord Hatchback, basically. The thought of a return is interesting but doubtful.
I have made a few minor modifications to my Crosstour. I bought my 2012, in 2015, for about half of what a brand new Crosstour would have cost. I usually come here to get, and give advice for repairs or to learn about issues others are having with their cars, so I know what to look for and can be better prepared if their issue finds it's way into my car. When something like this pops up in a forum, be it this one or any other, I am usually quite skeptical, but when Scotty Kilmer does a video about it, it opens my eyes. He has been turning wrenches for over 50 years, had a segment on a CBS news show, that turned into it's own TV show back in the 80's, and has been a very successful YouTuber for many years, so to say he's just gossiping is a stretch (no, I am NOT accusing ANYONE here of gossiping, I said that so people wouldn't accuse ME of gossiping), which is why I decided to share his video here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called a local HONDA dealer and asked about it, they answered me like I had 2 heads. They said HONDA has no intention of bringing back the Crosstour due to poor sales of the first generation and it wouldn’t make sense to bring back a car they discontinued over sales only to “hope” the new one somehow takes off. I still love my car and wouldn’t consider replacing it with anything Honda sells right now. One major reason is because they don’t offer an AWD “car” and I’m not interested in anything with a CVT.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called a local HONDA dealer and asked about it, they answered me like I had 2 heads. They said HONDA has no intention of bringing back the Crosstour due to poor sales of the first generation and it wouldn’t make sense to bring back a car they discontinued over sales only to “hope” the new one somehow takes off. I still love my car and wouldn’t consider replacing it with anything Honda sells right now. One major reason is because they don’t offer an AWD “car” and I’m not interested in anything with a CVT.
Many Ford dealerships will tell you the same thing about the return of the Bronco, which is, according to the media, set for July 9th (OJ Simpson's birthday), despite all the media buzz going on about it. They are told by the manufacturer to keep a tight lip until the vehicles are actually in their showrooms. It's all just a marketing scam by the manufacturer. When the vehicles are actually in the showrooms, then the salesmen and women will be acting all surprised and giddy....."OOOOO LOOK WHAT WE JUST GOT IN, AND WE WERE NEVER TOLD ANYTHING ABOUT IT".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Toyota is bringing back the Venza for 2021. I wish Honda would follow suit. I think they were ahead of their time with the design. A full-size hatchback is much more common now. As far as numbers go, Toyota sold about twice as many Venzas compared to Crosstours, so I guess they figured it's time. Personally, I think the design of the new Venza is OK. It doesn't make me feel the way the Crosstour did when I first saw it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been hearing that. Still waiting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe on other continents, but not likely in North America. Honda launched the Passport in 2019 which had better sales numbers than the Crosstour, but still relatively low in the big picture. Between the HR-V, CR-V, Passport, and Pilot, they are covered in the highly competitive AWD department for North America. Especially when you consider the Acura line-up, which includes AWD sedan. IMHO, I'm extremely please to own a rare and discontinued model that out-performs many and shines in just the right ways.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe on other continents, but not likely in North America. Honda launched the Passport in 2019 which had better sales numbers than the Crosstour, but still relatively low in the big picture. Between the HR-V, CR-V, Passport, and Pilot, they are covered in the highly competitive AWD department for North America. Especially when you consider the Acura line-up, which includes AWD sedan. IMHO, I'm extremely please to own a rare and discontinued model that out-performs many and shines in just the right ways.
If the new Crosstour as rumored, only came in a 4 cyl turbo, I would not be inclined to buy one. I want the 6. So yes, I will keep my 2012s running best I can for as long as possible.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
As I watch the vapor rising from my afternoon cup of coffee, I have every confidence that that vapor has more substance to it than any imminent Crosstour revival has to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As I watch the vapor rising from my afternoon cup of coffee, I have every confidence that that vapor has more substance to it than any imminent Crosstour revival has to it.
I must agree.

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
If Honda did bring back the CT, I'd be interested for sure.

Another vehicle that caught my eye recently is the manual transmission model 2021 Ford Bronco!

Reactions: NailGrease
1 - 14 of 14 Posts