Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went to see the Crosstour today and despite the different design found the car to be very interesting - enough so that we decided to take a 4 cylinder EX out for a test drive. Didn't go very far, but, did decide that I liked the engine, interior, ride and handling very much. Didn't go far because my wife advised that she wouldn't ride cross-town in the thing. The head rest was forcing my 5'2" wife's head into an awkward and very uncomfortable position. We tried to adjust it, but it doesn't adjust in angle. The salesman advised that it was a new safety feature. Unbelievable! What is Honda thinking?

·
Registered
92 Posts
not every car is made for everyone, hence choices. Try fitting into a Golf GTI if you ever step foot into a gym. Good luck in you search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering if there was something wrong with my CT or am I just built wrong for the CT front seats. It sounds like I'm not the only one to have this problem. I love my CT but I finally had to "fix" the problem by reinstalling the headrest backwards. It means I'll have zero whiplash protection in an accident but, at least, I can now drive comfortably. I've been thinking I might try to bend the steel posts in the headrest to move the cushion back a few inches. I've also been thinking about sending an email to Honda USA about this to see if they have any suggestions. I'll open the floor to other ideas...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would caution you against bending or facing the head support as it is an integral part of the head restraint system and is designed to prevent/minimize whiplash. If you mess with a safety feature of your vehicle, your insurance firm has the right to refuse to pay any form of claim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts