Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Very sorry for the late introduction. I think I joined sometime last year [not sure when], and I've been lurking ... reading posts, looking at pictures ... but not logged in or participating. I think it's time i changed that and be a little more social.

I have a 2010 EX-L w/ Navi in pearl black. Since I've had that car, I've put in about 8000 miles... Now I have questions that maybe someone has some answers.

Other than that ... Greetings and salutations, Everyone!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Well hello there and welcome aboard ! Ask away with the questions.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL ... Awee~ You guys didn't have to do that for me. Nonetheless ... It was WELL worth it. Now I just need to find the thread that talks about the glove-box not following the contours of the rest of the car... Is it me, or do ALL crosstour / accord glove-boxes look a little wonky?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome and err welcome back. Glad you are here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much Army Dad. Sorry for being so ... non-social for the past 11 months.. :p

·
Registered
534 Posts
I just saw that you're a SNAAAAB owner lol

Very nice cars, for a while, the maintenance gets rough though

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just saw that you're a SNAAAAB owner lol

Very nice cars, for a while, the maintenance gets rough though
Yes, they have sensors for everything ... I get warnings like, "(!) You Breathed On Me" error... and "(!) Would You Stop Touching Me"...:confused:

Actually, I bought it more for my significant other. I wanted to get a car that was affordable *AHEM*, and was loaded with safety features. :rolleyes:

Since I got the car - about 4 months ago ... I had to replace the Secondary Mass Air Flow Injection Pump, a new battery, an alternator (turns out nothing was wrong with the battery), replace a wheel hub for a broken lug nut, new anti-sway bar (I think that's what its called) and also replace the flow back coolant tank. That was to either make sure it runs and keeps it legal.

THEN ;) ... of course all my voluntary fixes (upgrades). New headlamp assemblies, new pop-up headlamp washers, xenon upgrades, LED interior lighting, new badges, decorative lug covers, new interior trim to replace the scratched trim ... etc.

EEP! :eek:

Sorry about that, you touched a subject that really gets me going...

but seriously... I'm having fun fixing it up... restoring it to it's rightful luster. :D

Today I just recieved from e-bay the center console from an `07 9-3, just so I can install the sliding leather arm rest... the arm rest that it has now is cloth and it doesn't slid back and fourth like my Crosstour's arm rest.

At anyrate ... my baby loves his car, dispite it's quarks.

*i'm going to also join a SnAAB forum as soon as I get around to it... Hopefully it doesn't take me a year to start talking to people like it did me on this one. :eek:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I used to work for a Saab dealer, beautiful cars, I really liked the 9-3 Areo, the airplane parts are a pretty neat touch, namely the "Fasten Seatbelt" light lol. The cup holder in the dash is awesome too.

When Saab "re-emerged" you can tell that they really let their designers do the thinking. I always wanted to retrofit a cooling compartment in a glove box to every car I've had too lol

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
Welcome back...

My brother-in-law had a 900 Turbo years ago and loved it. He was living near Pittsburgh when he purchased it (right around the time of the massive steel industry layoffs). There were more than a few non-american cars torched during the 1st couple months and I remember he was concerned about it.

He drove it for something like 10+ years. Only issue he had was the manual tranny started acting up just after the warranty expired. With "encouragement" from my bro-in-law, Saab finally did the right thing and fixed it gratis. Car ran great otherwise until...

They were moving across the country. He sold the car to one of my cousin's and all kina bad stuff started happening. I think my cousin drove it 1 year and sent it the the crusher : /

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used to work for a Saab dealer, beautiful cars, I really liked the 9-3 Areo, the airplane parts are a pretty neat touch, namely the "Fasten Seatbelt" light lol. The cup holder in the dash is awesome too.

When Saab "re-emerged" you can tell that they really let their designers do the thinking. I always wanted to retrofit a cooling compartment in a glove box to every car I've had too lol
I also think the Night-dash feature is really neat too. but having everything light up in green at night is so cool too. When I drove the car - I was in back and fourth limbo, switching it on and off. :D

Also I love the uber tight suspenion and the low to the ground feeling. If It had propellers on the bottom I could use it to mow grass..:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome back...

My brother-in-law had a 900 Turbo years ago and loved it. He was living near Pittsburgh when he purchased it (right around the time of the massive steel industry layoffs). There were more than a few non-american cars torched during the 1st couple months and I remember he was concerned about it.

He drove it for something like 10+ years. Only issue he had was the manual tranny started acting up just after the warranty expired. With "encouragement" from my bro-in-law, Saab finally did the right thing and fixed it gratis. Car ran great otherwise until...

They were moving across the country. He sold the car to one of my cousin's and all kina bad stuff started happening. I think my cousin drove it 1 year and sent it the the crusher : /
Usually, old cars die when they move on to 2nd owners. 1st owners appreciate the car ... knows its little quarks and nuiances ... so it's easy to take a first car all the way to the 1,000,000 mile mark if you are diligent with maintenance.

Our Saab may be a 2nd owner, but it's actually Victor's first car and he is loving it to death and I am really having a lot of fun fixing it up... I bet our saab hasn't felt this much love and attnetion in years.. =)

I don't think my Crosstour minds the attention I give the Saab.. I think it understands it has another role to play... to be dependable and supportive - overall transportation provider. I still love my crosstour very much, and it knows it!

.... don't you hate people that give personalities and human tenancies to thier cars? :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
My '96 SAAB 900S was a really great car. In fact, I think one of the things I love about the Crosstour is that I missed how practical the hatchback was, while still looking/feeling like a car. My Crosstour is the nicest car I've owned since that (and of course, it's much nicer with all the extra room and the 6 cyl.).

I do have some "SAAB-Stories", though, about how expensive that car was to maintain.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My '96 SAAB 900S was a really great car.
So you owned a REAL Saab... Not the GM'ized mechanical monstrosity that ensued. LOL

Nah! I still love it and so does Vic. It still has quite a bit of norwegian spirit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I thought that with the GM'ing, the car would at least get some common components and be less expensive to repair. No?
I thought hard about buying another Saab when they were going out of business. They finally got around to making an AWD 9-3, though, and they had ditched the hatch. Too bad.
What I loved most about my Saab was that it was loaded with luxury features, but still had a manual transmission. That's so hard to find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts