Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi tall drivers! I am 6'3" tall and looking to replace my 2000 Maxima that has 200K+ miles on it. The CT looks like a good choice overall, but I have one concern. I did not go for a test drive yet but did spent a few minutes inside the car. It seems to me that the CT windshield upper edge sits lower than in my current Maxima, so the front visibility is more limited. Even in Maxima I have to lean down to see a traffic light if I stop right before it. Could you please share with your experience?

·
Registered
183 Posts
5' 11" and no problem, the rear visibility is an immediate turn off, only takes a short time for that to go away. Actually the visibility overall seems to be very good, especially with the back up cam and blind side mirror cam.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm also 6'3" I was looking for something that I can have rear passegers without scooting my seat back. The CT works for that. Your concern with the height seems solvable by using the lower seat controls which also provide more leg room. I lean back my seat at a slight angle so if you sit straight up your vantage point may be different.

·
Registered
476 Posts
6'5" and am loving my Crosstour.

Needing to lean over to see traffic lights above any car has always been a problem since I first got my drivers license, so the CT does not seem any different to me from any other vehicle. It is however the most comfortable car I have ever driven, suits my height (and corresponding long legs) very nicely with more than adequate headroom and enough legroom that I can move around nicely with out getting cramped up! The high ground clearance is also very nice for exit and entry for me and my not so perfect knees! (Total Knee replacement on the left and osteoarthritis with surgically repaired torn meniscus on the right side).

I did find that adjusting the seat height up quite a bit and still leaving comfortable head clearance, provided a much more comfortable seating position. My normal action in most other cars is to put the seat all the way back and all the way down just so I could get in the car.

My only complaint is the rear-view mirror assembly is directly in my line of sight and I have to remember to look around or under it for cross-traffic and pedestrians. Again this has been a common problem in nearly all vehicles I have ever driven, but the added bulk of the Crosstour rear-view mirror assemble makes the problem a bit worse. If I lowered the seat down a bit this would not be as much of a problem, but I would lose the comfort gained I mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am 6'6" and 330lbs this is my first car or whatever you want to consider it. my truck was totaled and when I went to look at trucks I walked by crosstours so a shits and giggles test drive turned into me buying it haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you

Guys, I very much appreciate your quick responses. I feel much better about CT now and will go to a test drive soon.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm 6'-1" I have never hit my knees on the dash ... my boyfriend is 5'-6" and he's never hit his knees on my dash either. :confused:

Sometimes I have to lean forward to see the trafficlight if I get too close to the intersection.

As far as general all-around visibility - I stopped relying on the rear window ... the bar across really does suck, but I got over it quickly with the back-up camera. You just have to know how to position your mirrors to cover all the blind spots - people think you have to see the doorhandles on your side-view mirrors ... They are for spotting cars on the other lane while negotiating through traffic - not for inspecting your doorhandles [sorry, not saying that y'all don't know how to adjust mirrors, that was me going on a tirade.] :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The rear camera would sure help with parking. What about seeing the cars behind you, e.g. a police car? :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
The rear camera would sure help with parking. What about seeing the cars behind you, e.g. a police car? :)
You can use the right-side rear-view camera at anytime for that! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
372 Posts
5.11" and my wife is 5.7 " we both hit our knees on the dash when entering the CT.
I am ~6'2" and have managed to do that on the driver's side of my 2010 CT once. In my case it was due to the atypical angle I got in (due to kid's bikes not put away properly. Not sure what I did differently but is definitely hurt. Try a different approach to hopping in and see what happens...

·
Registered
15 Posts
6'5" and am loving my Crosstour.

Needing to lean over to see traffic lights above any car has always been a problem since I first got my drivers license, so the CT does not seem any different to me from any other vehicle. It is however the most comfortable car I have ever driven, suits my height (and corresponding long legs) very nicely with more than adequate headroom and enough legroom that I can move around nicely with out getting cramped up! The high ground clearance is also very nice for exit and entry for me and my not so perfect knees! (Total Knee replacement on the left and osteoarthritis with surgically repaired torn meniscus on the right side).

I did find that adjusting the seat height up quite a bit and still leaving comfortable head clearance, provided a much more comfortable seating position. My normal action in most other cars is to put the seat all the way back and all the way down just so I could get in the car.

My only complaint is the rear-view mirror assembly is directly in my line of sight and I have to remember to look around or under it for cross-traffic and pedestrians. Again this has been a common problem in nearly all vehicles I have ever driven, but the added bulk of the Crosstour rear-view mirror assemble makes the problem a bit worse. If I lowered the seat down a bit this would not be as much of a problem, but I would lose the comfort gained I mentioned earlier.
I have a 2013 CT and I am having an issue with windshield visibility. I had a 2012 that did not have this issue. In 2013, Honda added the lane change (and other?) electronics on top of the rear view mirror mount. I have a giant section of my windshield, top to lower middle right, with no visibility, None. I am willing to forgo the electronics (added to increase safety while blocking your vision to see out the windshield) for increased visibility. Has anyone removed the electronics to move the mirror up? I would hate to sell the car but I am at the end of my rope.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts