Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Taking a Trip to California again from WA.

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  chefmark 
#1 ·
My oil is saying 30%, I am at 4500 miles. Should I get a oil change before this trip? Or should I wait for the maintenance light to come on? Suppose it comes on in California. Should I take it in before I go and get that taken care of? What about a tire rotation as well, pretty close to 5000 miles? What you're opinion. I want a nice trip:)

#2 ·
My oil is saying 30%, I am at 4500 miles. Should I get a oil change before this trip? Or should I wait for the maintenance light to come on? Suppose it comes on in California. Should I take it in before I go and get that taken care of? What about a tire rotation as well, pretty close to 5000 miles? What you're opinion. I want a nice trip:)
Not sure of your trip mileage but will assume you are going at least 1500 miles round trip. If you are at 30% at 4500 miles then I gather you do a fair amount of local driving. And the 30% to 15% where the maintenance minder flashes seems pretty quick. I suggest that you change it before you go, if you feel that stopping and getting a change will hinder your trip. That said, Honda used to want you to run the MM down especially on the initial oil change.

To consider, you can hold off on the change and know that any Wal-Mart carries the the Mobil 1 0-20, (or is it 0-30). And if Wally World is as numerous out there on the left coast as the right coast you can easily find one and get it done.

#3 ·
Not sure of your trip mileage but will assume you are going at least 1500 miles round trip. If you are at 30% at 4500 miles then I gather you do a fair amount of local driving. And the 30% to 15% where the maintenance minder flashes seems pretty quick. I suggest that you change it before you go, if you feel that stopping and getting a change will hinder your trip. That said, Honda used to want you to run the MM down especially on the initial oil change.

To consider, you can hold off on the change and know that any Wal-Mart carries the the Mobil 1 0-20, (or is it 0-30). And if Wally World is as numerous out there on the left coast as the right coast you can easily find one and get it done.

OOPPS... meant to mention that on my initial comment, my Ridgeline did not reach 15% until almost 9000 miles on the first oil change five years ago. And the CT was at 40% at about 6500 miles. The CT was changed at 40% because I had an emergency trip and an oil change was an annoyance. I don't think it is that critical either way.

Done blabbing, have a great trip and let us know how you make out.

#11 ·
Back from Cali. I had a wonderful trip. Miliage -28.9 Highway. Still I don't like that you can't take your eyes off the road for a second or the steering feels disconnected. Maybe that's just the way front drive is? Other than that, love my navi, xm radio, bluetooth and back up camera.

#12 ·
Great mileage. I have to agree with you on the steering. Its a full time job, eyes off the road and the CT has to be corrected back on course. Had that with my Avalon, I always thought it was the light steering in the vehicle. Same with the CT. Still a great car.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.