Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Takeda short intake a day ago. It was PITA since after you remove the entire air intake box, you must replace 2 lines and gaining access to the clamps which holds them in place is the PITA part...so make sure you have a variety of tools (needlenose pliars, reg pliars, heavy duty scissors or similar to cut the hoses, etc) and lots of time. Now I know why shops prefer to just perform regular maintenance since any mod is just time consuming and unprofitable.
Cost of DIY: <$300
Difficulty: medium

Results:
1) The car now sounds like a cross between an F150 and a WRX (had 4 Subies in the past, I know the sound in my sleep)
2) I am also hitting the ECO mode more frequently which suggest the car may be breathing better.
3) More responsive mid-range throttle (no delay) and thus great for passing on the highway.
4) Fuel rating: Don 't know and I don 't care, it 's 3.5 V6, not a Prius C...and I would drive diesel before any hybrid - personal disclaimer:)

·
Super Moderator
805 Posts
JubilleJack – Great looking install. If by chance you took pictures all the way through the install, it would be a great addition to the HOW TO section of this board.

·
Registered
168 Posts
JubilleJack - do you have an OBD2 scan tool? I'd be really interested to see what your IAT (intake air temperatures) are compared to stock. The IAT sensor is one of the variables used to set the ignition timing, and it's part of the MAF right where your intake elbow connects. If the air it's taking in is actually cooler than it otherwise would be it will advance your ignition a bit, if it's warmer for some reason, it will retard it. I'd be curious if it's air temp or air quantity that accounts for what change at what part of the RPM band.

-ace

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was the part number you used for this intake?
No clue, i just ordered a part made to fit a 2010 Accord 3.5L V6. BTW, don 't bother searching to make it fit the CrossTour as that is often not in the manufacturer 's descriptors as the CT no a highly modified vehicle, stick with the Accord V6 of the proper year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts