Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Degree of difficulty: Medium
Cost: <$300

1) Disconnect battery terminals. You will need your 5-digit code to enter once the battery is reconnected. The 5-diigt code came with your vehicle in the owner's package, it 's on what looks like a business card and says Radio Code.

2) Remove plastic engine cover held in place by 2 clips which you simply rotate with a flathead screwdriver.

3) Loosen clamp on throttle body

4) Loosen the 4 screws holding in upper half of air box and remove (same process as if you were to change the air filter)

5) With 10mm socket or wrench loosen bolt on stock bottom air box and remove.

Once the air box is removed, it should looks like this

6) Remove the battery

7) Remove crank case line attached with throttle body coolant line. Have a towel or rag handy to catch any leaking coolant. Use pliers to remove both lines. Save small clamps for later install. removing the clamps that hold it in place is not easy

8) Replace throttle body coolant line with 5/16” hose provided and secure with clamps removed in previous step.

Once hooked up, it should look like this

9) Remove MAF sensor from stock air box and install it onto new intake using the original screws.

10) Install isolation mount to factory mounting insert next to battery tray. This simply screws in and acts as a damper so no that any engine vibrations do not cause rattles.

11) Attach filter adaptor to housing and secure using M6 button head screws provided and tighten using an allen key. Install air filter and tighten using 5/16” nut driver. Attach coupling with clamps to adaptor and tighten. Attach rubber trim to side of housing to prevent contact with battery.

12) install tube (intake) with coupling and the 2 clamps but do NOT tighten as you will need to adjust it, this is just to see how it all fits together and how to angle it.

13) Install provided 5/8” hose to tube and engine. Using provided clamp tighten on engine side only while using previously removed clamps to tighten the other end. The how win question in the very fat one that runs from here

to here (you may have to cut a little)

this means you will remove this bit (made of what looks like 2 rails/tubes) and in this pic just sits on top on the new hoses and it simply tells where it used to sit.

14) Tighten all clamps, re-install battery, and connect battery terminals. Re-install plastic engine cover. should look like this

15) Start car, enter your 5-digit radio code, and reset clock

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
It's really nice. Just planning to do the same...
Is this special CAI for Crosstour? Could you spec.model of this Takeda?

And what about sound? Nice? :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's really nice. Just planning to do the same...
Is this special CAI for Crosstour? Could you spec.model of this Takeda?

And what about sound? Nice? :)
I no longer have the model# as I sold the Crosstour, went the Lexus way with a hybrid (CT200h) but make sure to buy the Takeda intake that is made for a 3.5L V6 Honda Accord engine or any other Acura product that has the same engine (3.5L V6). the sound was OK but i hear sound is allegedly nicer from the K&N Typhoon. I did notice the car was breathing better so like i stated above, i was in the ECO mode that much faster and more frequently.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I no longer have the model# as I sold the Crosstour, went the Lexus way with a hybrid (CT200h) but make sure to buy the Takeda intake that is made for a 3.5L V6 Honda Accord engine or any other Acura product that has the same engine (3.5L V6). the sound was OK but i hear sound is allegedly nicer from the K&N Typhoon. I did notice the car was breathing better so like i stated above, i was in the ECO mode that much faster and more frequently.
Thanks! Just found K&N 69-1210TS and going to try it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts