Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn’t find an answer by searching the forums. I’m switching from my oem stereo to an aftermarket unit as soon as I can find a decent one (darn chip shortage!). I’d like to switch the backup camera to be displayed on the aftermarket screen and not the rear view mirror. Is this even possible? Has anyone tried it?

My CT is a 2013 EX without navi, and the analog stereo with half a billion buttons. I’m refreshing it since it has only 61,000 miles and I love the thing to death.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn’t find an answer by searching the forums. I’m switching from my oem stereo to an aftermarket unit as soon as I can find a decent one (darn chip shortage!). I’d like to switch the backup camera to be displayed on the aftermarket screen and not the rear view mirror. Is this even possible? Has anyone tried it?

My CT is a 2013 EX without navi, and the analog stereo with half a billion buttons. I’m refreshing it since it has only 61,000 miles and I love the thing to death.
I have a 2012 with the same crazy radio. Alot of people ditched the car around that mileage because of an issue with the front axle vibrating, even though it was a simple fix.
There is actually a complete aftermarket unit that directly replaces the entire module that you'll pull out of the dash. All harnesses and such just plug into the car. It puts all the controls onto a touch screen. ( I just scoured YouTube for it, but I couldn't find it, my apologies -but it's out there) I'm not sure about the camera, but I'm told a high end audio shop can get your camera working regardless of how you set up your head unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts

That's interesting. I have a 2013 EX V6 w/o Navi (2WD) and my rear camera doesn't show on the rear view mirror... it shows on the upper-most screen in the dash. But I, too, wanted to replace my head unit. I was told there was no kit for the 2013 model year. But after reading the other comment, I'm getting excited!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2012 with the same crazy radio. Alot of people ditched the car around that mileage because of an issue with the front axle vibrating, even though it was a simple fix.
There is actually a complete aftermarket unit that directly replaces the entire module that you'll pull out of the dash. All harnesses and such just plug into the car. It puts all the controls onto a touch screen. ( I just scoured YouTube for it, but I couldn't find it, my apologies -but it's out there) I'm not sure about the camera, but I'm told a high end audio shop can get your camera working regardless of how you set up your head unit.
I was told there was no kit to replace the head unit in the 2013, but there is for the 2012. If you find it, please let me know so that I can see if it'll work with my 2013 model. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have a 2011 CT , I replaced my screen up with a 10 inch aftermarket radio. If the dash is the same your in luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts