Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea how dark the of the rear glass is on the stock rear door glass on the crosstour is. Had a cop tell me that my factory glass wasn't factory and too dark and now I have to go to court.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, I have overtinted all the factory with 15% and left 20% up front.
I mean open the windows and sunroof if ever pulled over, but no comments from police ever.
I stick with yes sir no sir etc. tho.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Had a cop tell me that my factory glass wasn't factory and too dark and now I have to go to court.
The rear is 20% and from the factory. It's integral to the glass.

I imagine what the officer was confused about was that he/she didn't understand that the CT is actually considered a "truck" and not a car.

In my state, the lovely Commonwealth of Massachusetts, sedan's may not have any tint darker than 35%. But because my CT is *not* a sedan, but rather a "truck," Tint is allowed on any windows other than the front windows.

My vehicle registration reflects that the vehicle is a light truck / suv... if yours does not, the person at the DMV perhaps screwed up and you should get some official documentation from Honda that explains the designation of the vehicle.

(This designation also has affect on federal regulations such as smog, weight, etc... so it's an important designation and should be relatively easy to find official documentation on it.)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any idea how dark the of the rear glass is on the stock rear door glass on the crosstour is. Had a cop tell me that my factory glass wasn't factory and too dark and now I have to go to court.
It is my understanding of the Canadian Traffic Code that tint limitations only apply for an officer of the law, Constable, to be in position to view whether the driver and occupants are wearing seat belts. The rear cargo area and its level of tint, bears no impact on this factor. It unclear why this officer gave you a hard time but it is possible that different countries/states provide for different laws at which point s/he engaged in speculation.

I would recommend looking up your traffic code and in you feel you need further explanation, your local police station will be in position to explain the traffic regulation as it relates to his very issue.

If you need to fight the ticket, i wu recommend going to your dealership, speaking to the General Manager and show him/her the ticket, and politely ask if they could issue the tint spec as per factory specifications. They may charge you for examination to ensure you have no added extra tinting, and therefore issue an official statement. if that proves unsuccessful, you will have to address the issue w/ Honda North America.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts