Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Crosstour has 90,000 miles. I am the original owner.
At 85,500 miles I had some surface rust appearing on the driver side rear panel above the wheel well. I had the rust repaired and repainted, looked great. I recently noticed that paint bubbled have reappeared and fear that the metal in this area is starting to oxidize from beneath and suspect some major rusting to appear which will decrease the value of my CT.
Has anyone experienced this or any rust issues?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Hi Roy. This sure sounds like rust from the other side of the panel. I'm wondering if the folks who made the prior repair removed the wheel well liner and took car of things on the inside. If they didn't, no amount of repair from the outside will permanently fix the damage.
If you're like me and want to keep your Crosstour "forever" then making this repair properly is well worth the expense. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Most credible auto body shops will give you a lifetime warranty on their work. I would contact them and ask them what your next step should be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An update: Honda agreed to investigate this further and their authorized body shop replaced the rear quarter panel. Found that sealant was missing and the panel was not caulked. Body shop did a great job. Hopefully this is resolved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A few of us on one of the facebook forums have the same problem but with water coming in. The water was coming in around the wheel well and of course that was causing the rust. The body shop did a great job on my Crosstour and no more water is coming in. Some people were thinking the fuel door drain had something to do with it but not with mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
An update: Honda agreed to investigate this further and their authorized body shop replaced the rear quarter panel. Found that sealant was missing and the panel was not caulked. Body shop did a great job. Hopefully this is resolved.
Hi, I also have a 2013 crosstour EXL with around 95,000 miles. My mistake was taking it to the Honda dealership body Shop they did the same as your Honda but less than a year later the rest came back with a vengeance. Now there's a big hole on my left rear quarter panel above the wheel. The Honda dealership (West Herr Honda, Buffalo New York) wouldn't help me in any way. they said once rust starts like that you can't stop it. The Regional Honda Rep wouldn't even talk with me. That's not the half of it, I also have a leak under my rear driver side seat which has destroyed the leather and rusted all sheet metal under the seat and under the trunk trim. Again, the Honda rep wouldn't even meet with me. I took out all seeding and rear internal trim and I found the leak. It's a poor weld above the gas tank sending unit cover plate on the driver side. (I have many more pictures than these.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
It looks like I have the same problem. I got my rust fixed almost 2 years ago and it came back. My car is also rotting. Fun, because I still owe 2 years on it due to the great negotiating deal I got.

Can you indicate exactly were to failed seam is please? [email protected] <- for more pictures if you want.
So, saw your comments. I have been dealing with the same problem
Hi, I also have a 2013 crosstour EXL with around 95,000 miles. My mistake was taking it to the Honda dealership body Shop they did the same as your Honda but less than a year later the rest came back with a vengeance. Now there's a big hole on my left rear quarter panel above the wheel. The Honda dealership (West Herr Honda, Buffalo New York) wouldn't help me in any way. they said once rust starts like that you can't stop it. The Regional Honda Rep wouldn't even talk with me. That's not the half of it, I also have a leak under my rear driver side seat which has destroyed the leather and rusted all sheet metal under the seat and under the trunk trim. Again, the Honda rep wouldn't even meet with me. I took out all seeding and rear internal trim and I found the leak. It's a poor weld above the gas tank sending unit cover plate on the driver side. (I have many more pictures than these.) View attachment 9626 View attachment 9627 View attachment 9625

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2013 Crosstour has the same problem. Rust on the rear driver's side quarter panel. I got the rust fixed 2 years ago and it returned. The auto body place won't touch it again and my mechanic says it won't pass inspection this coming January. The rust is coming from a leak inside the vehicle. The dealership said it's too old to fix and gave me customer service. Customer Service said no one else has had this problem and told me to call my insurance company. I told her the insurance doesn't pay for rust. She said, "Of course, it does." Way to pass the buck. This is a serious problem and people need to let Honda Corporation know about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts