Honda Crosstour Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
My last car, an `06 Ford Freestyle LTD had WAY better audio reproduction than my CT does. Not that my CT audio isn't good... I still think it's better than most.

With that said - I once heard that speakers are 80% of the stereo... and Good quality speakers will sound 20% better.

Now my question is this... with car audio starting to be so high in quality... Can just simply chainging the speakers (direct swap) improve the audio w/o adding amps, crossovers, or disabling ANC?
The short answer is "yes."

However, it can start to get more complicated especially when systems (such as our CTs) have active noise reduction systems, etc.

(at least this is my understanding)

·
Registered
184 Posts
That opens up a new question:

What speakers can I replace (ie. tweeters up front, front door speakers, etc.)that won't affect the ANC?

Somehow I wish there was a speaker upgrade package - specific to our vehicle.

·
Registered
621 Posts
That opens up a new question:

What speakers can I replace (ie. tweeters up front, front door speakers, etc.)that won't affect the ANC?

Somehow I wish there was a speaker upgrade package - specific to our vehicle.
I believe it was somewhere on this board (maybe even this thread) where someone inquired and was informed by a knowledgable source, that changing out speakers would adversely effect the ANC.

Although my simple brain tells me that it can't be that much of a difference because if the stereo (or ANC) wishes to produce a certain frequency of noise, it will be able to produce it regardless of the quality of the speaker (presuming the speakers aren't junk).

So therefore, would new, better speakers work just as well with the ANC (if not better)?

It's not like if you swap out poor speakers for better speakers all of a sudden the recordings sounds worse... infact, they sound closer to what they "should" sound like.

Right?

Any audio engineers in there that feel like helping me make sense of this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried to find out how to remove the liner to get at subwoofer. Then I finally found a document that outlines the steps. steps 1 thru 19. (it takes some work to do it)

do a google search for 13hitch.pdf. it will bring you to a PDF on installing the hitch. the sets thru 19 will show you how to remove liner.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts