Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month, I had a major service and oil change done on my 2013 V6 2WD Crosstour at my new local honda dealership as it recently hit 110k miles. This morning, I pulled my car out of the garage and saw what looked like a large pool of oil. The fluid on the ground certainly looked and smelled like oil.

I checked the oil dipstick (for the first time ever :)), and it looks like it is about half full. So, I parked it in a new location to help pinpoint the leak location and it looks like it is coming from the center of the car near where the shifter would be. I layed down a broomstick to help show where the new drops came from

Cannot get an appointment with a mechanic until the end of the week. Anyone have any idea what this might be? any help would be appreciated, thanks all!

·
Super Moderator
792 Posts
Could be residual oil from the oil change. Could be an oil filter or drain plug that is not tight. I would suggest putting some fresh newspapers or cardboard under where you think the leak is to monitor if the oil leak is done or still going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oddly enough, it leaked for 2 days and now has stopped as of last night. will continue to monitor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Being that it stopped, is puzzling. I would say check that the crush washer is still there (washer on the drain plug). If not, it could've leaked, then sealed itself after running a while. Honestly though, it wouldn't be leaking from that far back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I should've added.. "what was the major service?" I personally change my oil myself, except once a year to the dealer for an included inspection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts