Honda Crosstour Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I Can't Close The Fuel Door - Any Ideas

Hoping you guys can help me - I got gas the other day and it wasn't at Costco which has these amazingly long hoses and I had to hold the gas hose in the hole to fill. I didn't notice at the time but now I can't close the fuel door. I push it in and it pops back out. Did something break that the door latched on to?

Now I look like one of those doofuses driving down the road with the fuel door open. I actually initially thought that maybe someone siphoned some gas but no evidence of that since it's still full. I'd like to fix it obviously since I don't have a locking gas cap plus it looks stupid.

·
Registered
87 Posts
After further investigation in daylight, I found that what's happening is that when I unlock the doors, the fuel door is popping open. And in order to close it, I have to push it in and hold and have the key in hand to lock the door. Which is fine if I'm not actually going anywhere, otherwise it's going to be popped open until I stop wherever and lock the doors. So, has this happened to anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fuel Door Manual Release Not Working

My 2014 Honda Crosstour is having similar issues unlocking (I live in sunny Las Vegas). I tried pulling the manual release, but the manual release is not moving as indicated in the Owner's Manual. Anyone have similar problems or can provide any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love my Black Crosstour. But today I think I discovered a serious design flaw. I was low on fuel and stopped by the gas station to get gas. Could not get the fuel door to release and pop open. As all of you must know, there is no manual release for this door. It works in conjunction with the driver's side door. Eventually, I gave up and figured I had enough gas to get to work.

After getting to work, I tried again repeatedly to get the fuel door to pop open. Nothing worked. I located a Honda dealer nearby (many miles from home) and decided to head there before I went home so I could get the fuel door fixed, put gas in the car and go home.

Ran out of luck. Halfway to the dealer - just 3 miles away - the car ran out of gas on the interstate. Pulled over to the side and called AAA. Three hours later, two AAA service calls later, a tow truck later, a Honda dealership maintenance manager later, I was forced to leave the Crosstour at the dealer because nobody can figure out how to open the fuel door.

They will look at in the morning they say... I took public transit home 23 miles.

Anyone else have a stuck fuel door on the Crosstour?
I do.and I don't know what to do!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts