Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6-7 months ago, my push button start would sometimes require more than one push. No starter sounds other than a click. It would frequently start with one push but sometimes 3, 4, or more. Over time it would gradually take more pushes until it took so many one time I lost count and took 10 minutes to get it to start. I finally had a mechanic install a new starter and it's been a few weeks now and starts every time. When I first asked my mechanic, he was hesitant since the car only had about 78K miles and said starters rarely go bad at low mileage. I took it to Honda for the air-bag recall and asked them to check it out, but they said it started every time for them. I read online complaints about a possible starter recall, but it didn't apply to my car. I replaced it at 84K. Thought I'd share this in case anyone else has a similar problem. Love my Crosstour!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same starting behavior with my 2013 v6 at 70k crosstour. New starter solved the problem. Get the remanufactured starter by Honda since they probably figured out the original flaw and fixed it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts