Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the decision to use snow and ice tires differs by climate in different parts of the country. I'm considering whether or not to get winter tires for my Cross Tour.

For those who have put snow and ice tires on the Crosstour, can you tell me if you found a siginificant different over the all season (I use the Micelin Latitudes)? Also, which brand and model were you most pleased with performance-wise?

Thanks
Terrence

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know the decision to use snow and ice tires differs by climate in different parts of the country. I'm considering whether or not to get winter tires for my Cross Tour.

For those who have put snow and ice tires on the Crosstour, can you tell me if you found a siginificant different over the all season (I use the Micelin Latitudes)? Also, which brand and model were you most pleased with performance-wise?

Thanks
Terrence
I use Michelin winter tires, they have their own dedicated rims, makes for easier changes. Yes there is a big difference between the winter and all season tires. I would recommend the winter tire for sure, I live in Canada and they have not let me down. For summer I use Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

Cheers
Pop

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
i have BFG winter slalom ksi they we good and priced right !

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm running 18" Firestone Winterforce tires. Agressive snow tread, and they do fine on ice. Great price, which matters since I put on 200kms a day.

Choose the best tire based on your driving conditions. Snow tire, Ice tire, etc. My preference would have been to go with the Blizzak DM-V1, or the Michelin X-Ice, but with the mileage I put on they burn off in a hurry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Michelin X-Ice Xi3

I'm getting a set of Michelin X-Ice Xi3 for my Crosstour. They're getting great reviews. I'll let you know how they are once I hit some snow.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm getting a set of Michelin X-Ice Xi3 for my Crosstour. They're getting great reviews. I'll let you know how they are once I hit some snow.
The Xi3 Green's are on my short list too, but generally a bit more expensive than the ws-70 Blizzaks.

Consumer reports has anointed the Xi3 #1, with the ws-70 in 6th place respectively. But both recommended by CR for overall performance.

TireRack has a mail-in rebate for a set of Michelins (might still be on) that reduced the price to $638 x 4, less shipping.
Basically the same price as the Blizzaks.

hmmmm..decisions decisions!

gr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts