Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, how cool. I was just pushing some buttons today and all my Contacts from my Iphone went right into the system, under Cell phone. NICE!! So cool.

·
Registered
668 Posts
yes, I like that. I have gotten spoiled with the Blue Tooth, and just saying the name of the person I want to dial.

·
Registered
18 Posts
what buttons?

Wow, how cool. I was just pushing some buttons today and all my Contacts from my Iphone went right into the system, under Cell phone. NICE!! So cool.
Any chance you know what buttons and order,still trying to figure ours out with little luck and the voice command sucks in ours as she thinks my 5 are 9 and so on,must be my Canadian accent, not ! arg.:confused:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any chance you know what buttons and order,still trying to figure ours out with little luck and the voice command sucks in ours as she thinks my 5 are 9 and so on,must be my Canadian accent, not ! arg.:confused:
I pushed the info button. Then I seen where it says cell phone, I click on that, then it took me to contacts, something like that, and ask me did I want to sync my contacts in. And I said yes. And they are now in there. Very cool.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, I like that. I have gotten spoiled with the Blue Tooth, and just saying the name of the person I want to dial.
Haven't tried that yet??? I was using the dial to call my contacts. So you're saying if I push the blue tooth button and call out the name it may dial the number??? I will have to try that next.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You still have to teach it the spoken names, but yes it is very cool. You press the button on the steering wheel and say "call Joe home" and it dials for you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You still have to teach it the spoken names, but yes it is very cool. You press the button on the steering wheel and say "call Joe home" and it dials for you.
I was trying it today and by saying, "call donnie" it didn't work. Maybe I have to say, call donnie home??

·
Registered
123 Posts
You have to record the spoken name to go with that number first. After that it will work. I only did about 10 of mine, but since you have Nav it should be easier for you than it was for me. Read the manual, it is very helpful.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My dealer synched my iPhone and contacts for me. The voice commands are a little more work, but all of it is very cool.

·
Registered
621 Posts
To get the spoken commands to work you have to:

Sync your contacts. - This copies all you contacts, or the ones you choose to the on-board address book.

Then you have to select the individual contacts from the on-board address book and teach/record your voice command.

Only after that will you be able to use voice commands through the car controls. (Although, I can still activate voice commands from my iPhone and control and dial that way.)

What I ended up doing was copying over just my most important contacts and teaching the voice commands for those.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To get the spoken commands to work you have to:

Sync your contacts. - This copies all you contacts, or the ones you choose to the on-board address book.

Then you have to select the individual contacts from the on-board address book and teach/record your voice command.

Only after that will you be able to use voice commands through the car controls. (Although, I can still activate voice commands from my iPhone and control and dial that way.)

What I ended up doing was copying over just my most important contacts and teaching the voice commands for those.
Ok, I'll give it a try this weekend. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For anyone with a Crosstour and a New iPhone 4s who is trying to import their address book into HFL:

Start importing your contacts, and while that is happening touch "Handsfreelink" in your bluetooth settings on your iphone (General | Bluetooth). I had to click OK to some message about making sure my "Handsfreelink" was on and then the phone book imported.

Found this in an Acura forum but worked perfectly!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts