Honda Crosstour Forums banner

Side window deflectors

8K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  pshivers 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed side window deflectors? If so, what kind/brand? Did it make any difference to the sound levels?

I put a set of WeatherTech on my '02 CRV and am thinking about doing the same on the CT.

Framp1

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Received my WeatherTechside window shades last night and installed them this afternoon.

First off they look good and blend in nicely with the car.

I do have two problems with them.

As mentioned in the post above I also had trouble getting one of the rear shades to stay in place and it fell off onto the ground sticky side down and of course picked up a lot of ground dirt after rolling the window up and then down once. I cleaned it up and reinstalled, but I will need to obtain another glue strip to insure it does not go flying off when I roll the window down in the future.

I used the ignition key in the driver's door to open and close the windows during the install as this gave me immediate stop/start control of the front windows as opposed to the auto open/close function of the window switches.

All seemed to be working as desired after setting the shades in place. I tried operating the windows from the drivers seat switches. The windows roll up and then reverse immediately on both front windows. It seems the safety switch is hyper sensitive for the front windows. I've left the windows closed using the ignition switch to close them for now hoping the weather stripping will settle in and allow the windows to close as they should in a few days.

Has any one else run into a auto close problem with these shades and how did you remedy it?

Install looks great but I'm not sure it will be a useable upgrade at this point.

#12 ·
Update on my install...

Left Drivers windows is now rolling up without reversing direction.

Right front door window is still reversing, need to double check install and make sure shade is seated in window sill properly.

Right rear door window shade appears to be staying in place! Enough glue must have transferred to the weather striping before the shade fell out the first time.

I do like the look, need to take a little drive and test the effectiveness of the window shades... We have a 100+ degree week coming here in Sunny Southern California! :mad:

#13 ·
I too had this issue with the auto up. Be patient and let everything settle in. The gaskets should take a set with the extra pressure in a few days. Mine are working great now. If you still have an issue a little dry graphite spray on the visor where the window slides by could help.

As for the tape, most people don't know that just like an epoxy or any other adhesive tape has a curing time. With the rear windows closed for 24 hours the bond will have fully cured.

Hope this helps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#19 ·
With the windows closed and the visors pinched by the window on 3 sides it would take a fair bit of force to remove them.
That was my thought also....

Just ran the car through the local car wash without any harmful outcome!

The Car Wash did tape down all four side window shades before washing without any request from me. It seems they are familiar with the product and practice a "Better safe than sorry" philospy, (They also tape down the rear window wiper and around the side view mirros).

Anywho, the CT is nice and clean for our 4 Day outing to Laughlin, NV this weekend.... Time to spend a little bit of our Children's inheritance! :)

#21 ·
Round Trip to Laughlin was uneventful. Did not have a need to roll the windows down to test the ventilation. I did find the additional shading though small beneficial, seemed to cut some road glare.

Only negative is the shades do create a little bit of additional wind noise on the Freeway, not much but I did notice it....

For some reason my Crosstour drew a lot of attention by others in the Valet Parking area when I was leaving Harrah's. A lot of pointing and commenting, I think wondering what it was? -lol-

#23 · (Edited)
Did the issue with the auto up continue or did it stop once everything was settled ?? I just put my weather techs on and it's doing that.

Thanks for the help

#24 ·
Quick addition to this thread. I installed the front Weathertechs in my 2012 CT, and they snapped in without any trouble. I also had the auto up problem, but the problem on the driver's side disappeared after rolling them all the way up and down a few times (without auto up), and then leaving them up for several minutes. The passenger side continued to automatically reverse itself, so I took it off and reinstalled it, and the above procedure then fixed the problem. Overall I'm very happy with them so far. Love the clean look that doesn't interfere with the chrome trim, as opposed to the stick-on visors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.