Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. 2012 Crosstour EX-L. This is my moms car. I noticed this issue a while back when I drove it and I mentioned it to her that she should get it fixed.. I drove it today (a year later) and it was doing the same thing but much worse. Basically When turning at low speeds such as pulling into a driveway or parking spot , the front end shudders and vibrates and now has gotten to the point of vibrating through the whole car (feels like the rear is vibrating too). I think this all started happening right around the time my dad put new tires on it. May have just been coincidental but thought I’d mention. Any ideas??

·
Super Moderator
762 Posts
Could you say it is a hesitation? Does it do this more with a right turn or left turn?

My first thought is motor mounts, but that is just my first thought. I have other thoughts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it just feels like something vibrating. My thoughts are something rubber to metal. Almost like rubber to metal slipping giving that judder vibration. Motor mounts or strut mounts maybe. It doesn't happen when steering with the car sitting still. It only seems to happen with steering wheel turned either way and moving under 20mph roughly.

·
Super Moderator
762 Posts
Arm chair diagnosis is not always easy. I bought new and owned a 2012 EXL for many years before I traded it for an Acura TLX (see picture to the left), so I am familiar with your car. Personally, I loved the car. My suggestion would be to take it to a good alignment shop or Honda dealer and let them know the problem. They should notice if there are any lose bushings, perhaps a bad motor mount or struts. Hopefully it's been a while since you had an alignment too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does your issue resemble a hop in anyway? I have a 2014 4wd v6 and when I’m exiting the highway taking a roundabout seems like the backend hops and skips a little. Someone has told me in the fb group to take it in to have a look, but before I do that wanna see what others have to say about it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
What size tires that you mentioned were put on the car? Wondering if they are over sized and possibly rubbing when turned??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a used 2011 Crosstour in August of 2018. I was getting a vibration through the tires on low speed turns (parking and expecially parking on smooth concrete in our parking garage). I though aggressive tire tread or almost the feeling of 4WD being locked and forcing the tires to "skip" a bit.

Went to the dealership and they suggested "rear differential binding" was the problem. Because the "stutter" was becoming more noticeable, they performed the following:

1. deglazing procedure for rear differential
2. full flush and replacement of DPF II FLUID

The flush was done under service item 9AHOZ214 Maintenance Minder 6 (Dual Pump) (6 cylinder).
CDN$ 250 and the problem went away. Car drives nice and smooth. Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts