Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so I sell Hondas. Not advertising my inventory here, just asking for advice on mods for a car slated for the showroom. I want to know what a new owner would like to already have done with the car...not limiited to the model listed, just an example.

The victim: 2012 Crosstour EX-L, Black/Black

Possible mods: HID's, plasti dip chrom tirm on front clip and around windows, HFP 19" wheels and tires, front/back underbody spoiler(eithre painted to match or contrast), pinstriping, wheel locks, splash guards, all weather mats + trunk tray...

Anyone think that would make it stand out/sell faster/look fast sitting still/etc.?
Helpful comments and advice/tips are being shamelessly solicited and welcome.

No prank/solicitous calls please

Gary @ Mike Smith Honda
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
172 Posts
I personally don't like to see the cars with added stuff at the dealership because I know they charge too much for the options. I bought my Glacier Blue EXL with navi and then ordered mud flaps, chrome look Honda wheels, wheel locks, the back tray and a sun visor from HandA. Saved money doing it that way. I won't buy a car that's already got the stuff.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would prefer to see items that are OEM.

When I went shopping for my Crosstour I was most impressed by a dealer who had a model with the front air spoiler, chrome wheels, underbody spoilers and roof rack.

It was nice to see those items installed in person.

The extra chrome and pin striping would have been a turn off for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think HID's should be standard on the Crosstour considering the price of the vehicle, or at least on the EX-L model. Also Honda wheels in general need upgrading in the style department so the HFP 19" wheels on the Crosstour would be nice (Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone):)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, Kyras, not saying all of it would be done, just what would be what we in sales call a 'Turn On' instead of a 'Turn Off' for the different models....keep the input coming tho

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would like to add that I was actually weighing the Crosstour against the Subaru Outback.

I know that might not be a normal comparison, but to me they were roughly the same in my book. (A station wagon that was cooler than a station wagon that I would retain some street cred if I rolled up with kayaks on the roof... and which both had some in-climate weather capability... appreciating that the AWD of the Subaru is in a different class of the 4wd of the CT).

All that said, I liked seeing the accessories that kind of "toughened-up" the Crosstour (Roof Rack, Mud Flaps, Air Guard, etc...)

Looking at the green CT all decked out with kayak carrier and neoprene seat covers in person definitely solidified my decision.

For me, I wasn't in the market for something to slam and chrome out... but to each their own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the 19 in HFP and when I went back to the dealership EVERYONE was looking at it. I get alot of comments of how people say they did not like the Crosstour but how they like mine alot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
oh by the way I have a question. I see that you can have a cargo cover in the back but have yet to find one for it online. Have you seen a CT with one installed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts