Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 CT EX-L Nav- Brushed Metal 24k miles approx

Hey everyone-
I have a problem where I'll be driving along with either the nav displayed or audio on the console and it will just turn off. Nav prompts will still work, audio still works - Just no visual display. If I turn the car off and then back on, it goes back to normal. Recently I took the car in and they replaced the entire nav system. I said thanks but I don't think that's what the problem is. Sure enough, two weeks later that "short" as I am calling it happened again. And again, turning car off and back on solves the problem.
Does anyone have a guess as to the issue? Honda thinks I have no idea what I am talking about.
Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
2010 CT EX-L Nav- Brushed Metal 24k miles approx

Hey everyone-
I have a problem where I'll be driving along with either the nav displayed or audio on the console and it will just turn off. Nav prompts will still work, audio still works - Just no visual display. If I turn the car off and then back on, it goes back to normal. Recently I took the car in and they replaced the entire nav system. I said thanks but I don't think that's what the problem is. Sure enough, two weeks later that "short" as I am calling it happened again. And again, turning car off and back on solves the problem.
Does anyone have a guess as to the issue? Honda thinks I have no idea what I am talking about.
Any help is appreciated!!
If you don't press the 'OK' button within certain time after you start your car the display will go dark, but you can pretty much activate it anytime by pressing the 'OK'. That's how it works for me. It is actually annoying - Honda should change the display to come up automatically without forcing you to push 'OK'.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply but I know about the OK button. This happens while the display is on...map is running, audio display is on. Ok was pressed a long while back....then it simply cuts out

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah, certainly sounds like either a connection/cable problem or a display problem.

Time to bring it back to the dealer, tell them the problem hasn't resolved, and they need to fix it.

:/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone found a fix for the Nav cutting off and giving multi-lines and sometimes completed dark screen?? Please assist on what you done and researched?
FYI: I have tried replacing the NAV screen and it did the same thing with a new screen. So I returned it and got my money back and put back the old one. That rule out the bad screen part. It seems to me a configuration or an update is warranted. Any ideas???? PULLING my hair out and don't want to completely change the dash/screen display of the console. TOO MUCH MONEY. Not worth it.

Any idea would gratefully appreciated. FA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts