Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone drove their Crosstour in the sand or on a beach before? I'm heading to the Outer Banks in NC this weekend and intend on taking it on the sand. Looking for any sand driving advice, I've driven in plenty of snow but never sand.

I'm planning on airing down tires, have a Hi-Lift jack, offroad base plate, traction boards, and a tow strap if I get stuck. Just hoping I don't go that far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've driven to that area in my Crosstour but did not drive it into Currituck Banks Reserve. We rented the proper vehicle. Having experienced it, I would not take my Crosstour into the area.
It is beautiful! The horses are beautiful.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it on the beaches on Hatteras and Ocracoke Islands, would do it again when I get the chance. Going to post pictures and description of what happened when I get the chance this weekend or next week. Going to check my suspension and underside while rotating tires on a lift this weekend but I made a 200 mile trip back from the beach no issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took it on the beaches on Hatteras and Ocracoke Islands, would do it again when I get the chance. Going to post pictures and description of what happened when I get the chance this weekend or next week. Going to check my suspension and underside while rotating tires on a lift this weekend but I made a 200 mile trip back from the beach no issue.
what was the result of your tire rotation? I may be taking mine on the OBX beach this summer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what was the result of your tire rotation? I may be taking mine on the OBX beach this summer.
Sand EVERYWHERE. Sand had filled every crack and crevice under the car and found ways to fill corners meant for water drainage. If you ever take your rear bumper off after driving in the sand be prepared to have sand falling out with every move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts