Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody noticed that the right side (next to passenger window) of thier glove box sags? I have noticed that in my CT and how it breaks the clean lines on that side of the dash. It may have something to do with the latch being on the left side, closest to the driver, for ease of use. Thanks.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mine matches pretty good, using the pointy contour just down from the top they match up. Gave it a push and it is certainly not sagging.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine does sag just a bit, but ever so slightly. I will keep an eye on that to make sure it doesn't get any worse, but for now I'm good on how it looks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
No sags yet. On the Crosstour that is. I have plenty elsewhere....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I noticed it yesterday as well. I would say it probably slants about 3/8s of an inch, I was going to have them look at it when i take it in for the licence plates.

·
Registered
15 Posts
relooked at it closely today - its not as bad as i said, part of it is the viewing angle sitting in the driver seat, but it does droop a little bit.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Moley-moley-moley!

The sagging glove-box is something I noticed even before I bought my car. I looked at other crosstours and they all similarly had a sag. :( It was the ONE thing that made me seriously consider getting a different vehicle.

Ultimately, I thought to myself - :rolleyes: "Self, Is it a minor imperfection really going to bother you that much?"

- :confused: "Hrmm, I dunno' I am a designer and I tend to be picky about details - but usually not on cars."

Then I rationalized, - :p "Oh what the heck ... I really love the car overall ... It'll be my true testiment to vehicular unrequited love."

.. As it turns out, it was like the mole ... not like a sexy model cute type mole that you see on a model's cheek :(, but the type you would see on the tip of nose on some witche's face:

I've talked with my salesperson at the dealer, and he told me that for now there is nothing they can do. He admitted, that he feels it's a cosmetic faux pas, that there is no adjusment capability, and if they tried to remedy the aesthetics by tighten the latch ... it would affect performance.

Has anyone on this forum sought a viable remedy that would not gravely compromise function? :confused:

·
Registered
534 Posts
NEVER talk to a salesman about a service/warranty concern. Always go the service department first. Not only will you get good answers, but you can establish a relationship with an advisor which may help you in the long run.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
OMG that austin powers clip is hilarious !! I agree with ryan most time the salesman dont know the answers so they just talk go see the boys and girls in service and parts.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I completely understand you guys. I will be honest, I should have known better, but I really haven't had the motivation to pursue it further, until recently ... while detailing my car. *the bloody mole winked me in the face*.

At any rate, I managed to go see Honda service during my lunch hour, and I was able to speak with a service manager briefly. He seemed confident it was a resolvable issue, told me to bring it in first thing tomorrow morning (8:00am) and he would have a technician look at it.

Luckily tomorrow is the start of my Stay-cation so I can do that with minimal inconvenience ... the bad news is I still have to wake up early.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts