Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and new to owning a 2010 Crosstour. I knew one of the first things I wanted to do was disable VCM. I was looking at other vehicles that use a similar technology, dropping cylinders to save fuel and it never clicked with me as far as being a good idea.

Anyway, I am trying to purchase the S-VCM, and I'm saying trying to but wonder how legit this company is. They took my money but won't reply that the order has been received after trying 2 times to contact them. After looking over the website again they don't have an actual phone number for a contact. It seems many people have been satisfied with the product but I'm about ready to contact my credit card to get the money back somehow or another.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently this company or user/maker of parts doesn't exist anymore. Any suggestions on what other products to disable VCM are available and better than the rest?

·
Super Moderator
762 Posts
I've been using a VCMuzzler II for the last year or more. Very happy with it. I am aware that S-VCM has had customer service problems and such for quite some time. Hard to say which is better as they both do their job pretty good. Most Honda/Acura people go with VCMuzzler only because it's been around the longest. You can find used on Ebay or other places for discounted prices. I would stay away from the home made kits that supposedly does what VCMuzzler does. I've heard nightmare stories about people who wanted to save a few dollars and ruined the electronics on their car with a home made kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
s-vcm customer service

I was contemplating purchasing the s-vcm device but I had some questions I wanted answers to. I sent several email messages to the s-vcm website but never received the courtesy of a response. Based on the non-response, I did not place an order. There have obviously been some satisfied customers, but clearly customer service is not a priority, which is usually a warning sign. I'm a bit reluctant to purchase the passive system and to date I have not had any issues with oil consumption on my 2012 @ 50K miles. If you do receive the s-vcm system, please let us know how it performs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just received my S-VCM, the guy never replied to my inquiries so I wonder if ordering through the website works but he doesn't get email through it. Kinda weird but I'm glad I didn't try to stop payment on my card. I ordered it on the 2nd so 10 days. Problem is I already ordered a Muzzler II but I'll just have it as a backup I suppose, or try them both and see how they compare.

Edit: He does have an Ebay page as well that I saw after the fact, wonder if that works as far as inquiries go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put the S-VCM in today as I had the afternoon off, pretty simple install to say the least. I only had a chance to take it for a short 1/2 hour drive but considering it's hot today where I live in Chicagoland it got up to temp pretty quick and not once did the Eco light come on. The gauge did show it running a little cooler which it should have but what the actual temps were can't be told from the gauge. I drive a van for work so am not in the Honda much during the week. I'm going to take it for a few more drives after work this week to make sure everything is good then take it on the highway to my kids homes this weekend, will post more later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
S-vcm ignorance

This is the first Ive heard about this. Can anyone send me a link so I can get up to speed on this. Does this s-vmc discussion apply to 20015s? Thanx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the S-VCM installed on my 2010 Crosstour for about a year now. I had asked for confirmation that the order was received and I did get an email right away from the seller. I was worried that I had just thrown money into the ether but to my great relief, the unit arrived after a couple of weeks.
Installation was easy and there were instructions included. The only thing I did extra was install an inline fuse on the battery wire. Just not comfortable direct wiring something to the battery without a fuse.
The unit has worked flawlessly for me for a year now. I commute about 2 hours a day with my car and I think the ECO light has only come on once and that was in a traffic jam with stop and go traffic for 2 hrs one day. The temp gauge shows one notch lower than before. No silly ECO light on everyday.
The best part is the smooth acceleration now. If feels like a different car. That stumbling it did shutting down cylinders drove me nuts. And it doesn't use oil anymore either. I used to have to add a liter of oil every 3-4 weeks, now it doesn't use a drop between oil changes. I also changed my spark plugs right after as I have had fouling problems in the past.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
S-VCM was a good purchase

I installed the S-VCM several months ago after having the cylinder rings redone on my 2012 CT. The repair was performed by the dealer under Honda warranty. Anyway, the S-VCM has been working as advertised. Simple installation, engine runs fine, no problems and no ECO mode. Gas mileage impact was almost unnoticeable in my case.

After placing my order I did not receive any notification from the vendor. It showed up about 7 - 10 days later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for this thread! I recently had the rings done under warranty for my 2011 Crosstour and decided to install this device. I just ordered it last night (Thursday) and did get an immediate email acknowledgement of the order from the seller saying the order would be shipped out today (Friday).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts