Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the S-VCM kit for my 2012 EXL. installed all is right in the world...until
it wasn't.
So what is happening if i drive the vehicle home fromthe office about 25 miles with anywhere between 15-30 minutes of stop and go traffic.
ECO light stays off and everything is working as designed. Park the car, wife sends me to the store about two miles away. ECO light is on. And all the associated issues that occur occur. Vibration at 1800 and 220 rpms. Smooth road and brand new tires so its the VCM.
Car sat for 25-65 minutes each time its happened. Got a FIXD BT sensor. When the light trips coolant temp it 165.20, every time. S-VCM sent a new sensor thinking it might be faulty. Nope same thing happens with both sensors.

At this point I'm stumped, I have to think its something with the car but have no clue where to start.

Any one have this happen or any thoughts on what is happening?

All fluids are at proper levels, no coolant smells and nothing trips on the FIxd sensor.

And to S-VCM credit they have been very patient and I have had no issues in dealing with them. The product works

·
Registered
167 Posts
Unless the vehicle is overheating, I can't think of a situation of why it would work and then not work then work again. What has the people at S-VCM said? Their customer service is really good. They will help and may send you a new one.
I'd confirm my cooling system is working properly.....
With S-VCM removed, and factory harness reinstalled...,
In the morning when the engine is cool, turn the AC on, do both cooling fans come on?
When engine is warm, do both cooling fans come on at 205°? They should stay on until temperature reaches 190°.

·
Registered
85 Posts
maybe your coolant sensor is wiggy... check it out or perhaps the connection isn't stable... ie dirty or loose. also check battery connection, may be loose or corroded.
please post back if you've found a solution or not
best of luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turn your A/C on when you see the ECO light. If it goes out then try replacing your temperature sensor and see if that works. I turn on my A/C when it's warm outside to keep it from going in eco mode until I have the time to change the coolant sensor. ( The one that the S-VCM plugs in to) Good luck!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts