Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I am one to let the tank run down all the way but it so happened the other day (due to a set of bizarre circumstances). So I post this for info purposes only... not recommended. And yes, a hitch mounted bike rack with bikes on it knocks 4-5 MPG off of fuel economy.

On my drive back from mountain biking quite a distance from home, the low fuel light came on. I got a call and had to zip home before filling up. The trip computer showed 7 mi remaining when got home. After taking care of what turned out to be a non emergency, I headed out to fill up. The station is less than 4 mi away and before I got there, the trip computer read 0. As far as I am aware, the CT has an 18.5 gal tank so there was > 1 gallon remaining... your mileage may vary and I do not recommend finding out the absolute minimum by running out of gas ;)

Here's a pic of it and the amount of fuel I put in...

Happy Motoring.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's good to know.

We were talking about that just a couple of days ago and I told my wife that I didn't want to find out the hard way.

Last summer I was renting a Ford Focus in rural Florida. The computer said "0" to go about five miles back, and the next station was still four miles away. Fortunately I still had 0.25 gallons when I filled up. Whew! (That was too close for my comfort).

I'll use your lesson wisely my friend. At least there is a "fudge factor" of some kind in the Crosstour.

Thanks for posting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts