Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that whenever I drive over rumble strips, I hear a rattle that seems to coming from the passenger door/seat area. It doesn't happen when I go over bigger bumps, rough road, small holes, etc. It seems to be tuned in to the frequency of the rumble strips. It's driving me nuts. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Drum, are you sure there isn't something stuck in the door map areas or cupholder in the rear doorby the arm rest? My daughter has left things in there and they seem to rattle at different times.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a rattle emitting from the glove box. I would described it as a low amplitude, medium pitch, heard mainly when going over bumps or rough roads. You can recreated the rattle by thumping the bottom right hand corner of you glove box with the base of your palm. It turns out the strut in the glove box (the thing that allows for a slow opening for the glove box) was slightly misaligned. If you detached the hinge mechanism and retract the hinge and tape it the dashboard it does not make the rattle. However you will in effect will no longer have a slow opening glovebox. This has been a Honda problem for years going back as far as 2004-2005. Consider taking it back to your dealer to have the glovebox strut misplaced or realigned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts