Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'13 EX-L
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

New to the forum and pretty new owner of my '13 Crosstour. Ive been wondering how many roof rack options there are for the Crosstour - I know the topic has been discussed since 2010.. I've gone through most all of the threads but typically only 2 options were discussed, Thule and OEM.

Currently it seems theres still only 2 options for new; OEM and the Yakima Base racks. Both are quite expensive and bulky, with an entire Baseline/clip package costing about $800+ CAD new .. OEM racks are about $500+ on amazon currently - but I'm not a fan of how they look as the sit quite high and look tacked on. For something that'll get used a few times a year, its hard to justify.

I came across a site that lists other options from different brands; like Thule, Rhino, and Inno. (2013 Honda Crosstour Roof Racks). Im looking for something sleek like the Rhino Vortex RS, but would settle for something cheap too since it'll be used sparingly..

What I've found:

Ive got a lot of old Thule 400 parts, and an entire Yakima Q rack system from some old vehicles. I found a Crosstour with I believe the old Yakima Q-clip system (from the EcoHitch demo video). Just need to know which clips were used. Looks like its front: Q102 and rear: Q116!

Another option was the aluminum roof rails on aliexpress that are made for the crosstours... Not going to bother linking, because 1) they're expensive by the time they're shipped, and 2) if I were to riv-nut/nut-sert a rail to the roof, I'd retrofit an OE rail from something like a 2000's Impreza first for nickels and dimes.

Lastly, the cheapest new route I've found was to use a Sportrack system (SR1002) which can be had for about $250. Only thing is, these are 'universal' in that they fit numerous cars, not to mention its probably the lowest quality and looks a bit booboo - but I'm leaning to this route if nothing else works. Again, because I'll be using it sparingly. (Complete Roof Rack System SR1002 - SportRack – The Way Outside)

So my questions are...

• Has anyone used an old Thule 400xt or Yakima Q system on their crosstour, or know which Q-clip might fit? Looks like its front: Q102 and rear: Q116
• Has anyone tried the Sportrack system, and how did you find it in terms of fit and quality?
• Any other decent, affordable options?

Thanks for any and all input, hoping for some good discussion that others can learn from/find in the future.

Ecohitch Xtour with Yakima Q system:

·
Registered
'13 EX-L
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To answer my own post, there are a few good aftermarket options depending on budget/aesthetic.

• The old Yakima Q system is still an option with Qclip 102 and 116 - I ended up going this route as I found the clips local and still had my old set up. Cost me nothing, is plenty sturdy and looks decent.
  • Theres the amazon/ebay 'universal' rack, costs about $100 and is pretty sleek looking. A few modded xtours have them.
  • The Sportrack SR1002 which would be a full, new, complete kit for a little over $200 cad (at Canadian Tire)
  • Theres some Thule 480 options, but no 400xt options to my knowledge. And then Rhino, Inno and Yakima Baseline which all start going into several hundreds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts