Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been in the process of getting geared up to do some minimal routine maintenance on my new Crosstour and I have been thinking about doing most oil changes myself. The issue in doing so has to do with the oil life meter. I have been under the impression since buying the car that Honda techs at one of their service centers are the only ones who will know how or be able to reset the meter.

Am I correct in this understanding?
Does anybody know if it can be reset by yourself and if so, how?

I have seen a few posts on the honda-tech.com forums regarding how to reset the meter on other Hondas, but I didn't see anything specifically related to the Crosstour.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Definitely not... Anyone can do it... It's in the manual...
Do as follows:

Turn the ignition switch to the On (II) position. The On (II) position is reached by rotating the ignition switch until two clicks are heard.

Press the ODO Select/Reset button and scroll through the options until the Engine Oil Life Display is displayed.

Press the Select/Reset button while in the On (II) position for more than 10 seconds, as anything less than 10 seconds will not register. The B1 menu should blink including the Oil life.

Press and hold once more until it resets to 100%.

Do yourself a favor though... Know what it is that you're doing. Make sure you're resetting the B1 and not something else.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Page 327 and 328 of your owner’s manual tells you step by step how to reset the oil change monitor. I just did an oil change on my CT and had to look this up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I read the manual a while back but must have missed that part. Good to know that there's no issue with doing it yourself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts