Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
There is a wire and a wire harness that anchors to the upper engine air filter cover; it is for the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. After loosening and lifting the upper engine air filter cover, ensure you do not stress or break this wire or put any tension on the sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are four 8mm/Phillips Bolts at the four corners of the cover. Loosen these bolts. They are not made to be removed, only loosened. Keep loosening them until you can feel about 1/4-1/2 inch of play. Once they are loosened, lift the cover straight up. Again, straight up and clear from the filter element.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are inspecting the filter, the dirty side is on the bottom. If you are replacing the filter, make sure you replace the filter so the bulk of the filter element is lower than the filter element edges. Basically, make sure you see what the thing looks like when you take it out. It needs to look the same way when you put the new one in.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before replacing the cover, ensure the filter element edges are evenly seated on the lower filter housing box. It should be level and not sitting off to one side or the other. Once the filter element is in properly, ensure the engine filter cover is level over the filter and lower it onto the lower filter housing box until it settles.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like any bolt or screw you install on your car, these four 8mm bolts should be hand threaded to start before using any kind of ratchet or wrench. Here, I started the bolts with the 8mm socket and extension I used to remove them. After they are ALL threaded and evenly seated by hand, I applied the proper torque and tightened the bolts. It's not much; only 7.2 lbf.ft.

Check around the engine compartment for any remaining tools, filters, boxes and so on.

Close the hood and consider yourself done.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great Write up!!
Hows the car drive with the K&N Filter over stock filter???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish I could tell you... I replaced the stock air filter at 60 miles. K&Ns have always been good to me though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wish I could tell you... I replaced the stock air filter at 60 miles. K&Ns have always been good to me though.
I don't claim to be a Expert but ... Caution ! The use of air filters with oil tend to crap up the throttle body's.. K&N filters although washable are high quality tend to allow more particulate matter into the motor. Don't ask me how I know.
Great detailed write up by the OP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts