Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where the suspension arm meets the glove compartment door, use steadily increasing pressure and push toward the front of the car until it releases.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are two plastic stops that hold the glove compartment door in place. Using both hands, one on each side, squeeze inward until these stops clear the outer part of the glove compartment frame. Continue opening the door until the stops are clear of the frame and slowly lower the door until it hangs.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will see the filter door. It is actually a cartridge that will slide out. The filter sits in this cartridge. There are two tabs, one on the left side and one on the right side of the filter. Using two hands, one on each side, slowly pull the tabs open until they release. Once they have done so, pull the cartridge straight out toward the rear of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If you are replacing the filter, just remove it (the thing just sits there) and replace it with the other one. Take note of the air current; the arrow on the new filter should be facing you when you replace it and it should be pointing down.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once the new filter is back in the cartridge, gently place the cartridge back in and slide it forward. It should be easy and smooth. If it is not, something is wrong. Remove the cartridge and try again. Once in, apply pressure until the tabs snap into place.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Slowly lift the glove compartment door and close it. You will feel a little resistance as the stops are pressed inward by the frame. Once they have snapped into place, gently pull the suspension arm down and set it into place. Apply steady increasing pressure toward the rear of the car until you hear it click into place.

Replace the contents of the glove compartment, close it and consider yourself done.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Terrific step-by-step instructions. It took me more time to empty my glove box than it took to change the filter. It was FILTHY...

·
Registered
621 Posts
This is a very important job to know. My dealer charges $70-$80 for swapping it out (air filter plus labor).

I ask them to charge me for the filter, but I'll install it myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a very important job to know. My dealer charges $70-$80 for swapping it out (air filter plus labor).

I ask them to charge me for the filter, but I'll install it myself.
You can find good quality air filters for your Crosstour on Ebay including genuine Honda parts for a lot less than your dealer will charge you. All you have to lose is the few days it will take to come in the mail.

I bought an OEM cabin filter for my 2010 a few weeks ago for $8 on Ebay and installed it in less than 5 minutes in my driveway using the instructions I found in this thread.

$8 vs $80, you decide.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Other options . . .

Rockauto.com presently has seven different options listed from $4 to $18 in price. This includes two carbon filter options, which are nice if you have any occasional unpleasant aromas in your vehicle . . . Smoke, pets, perfume, etc.

I've replaced them a few times on my accord, looks very similar to the step by step above. This is a simple 'no tools' job. Anyone can do it.

Do note that things like air and oil filters that, for the most part, you get what you pay for. A cheaper filter will get the 'big' stuff, but may not do some kinds of pollen. Yes, name brands are more expensive than 'no-name' stuff, but sometimes there is more of a reason than marketing and fancy packaging.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That looks like the same filter as my wife's CR-V. I got a replacement at the local auto parts store, with the engine air filters and such. I put the box top in the glove box to make finding it easier next time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think all modern Honda's use the same filter. It is the same one from my 2006 Odyssey, 2009 Accord, 2011 Acura TSX, 2012 CRV, and 2013 Crosstour.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I think all modern Honda's use the same filter. It is the same one from my 2006 Odyssey, 2009 Accord, 2011 Acura TSX, 2012 CRV, and 2013 Crosstour.

My 2003 Accord LX uses the exact same filter, I went with the FRAM CF10134 Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter at Amazon for my '13 Crosstour and my '03 Accord...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
It is very easy to replace, thanks for the tutorial. I have used the Fram Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter a few times now and it was performing well, less humidity smell than the standard filter.

Now there's a new kind of filter. Anybody heard of the K&N Washable Cabin Air Filters? About $40.00 http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...px?prod=VF2001. They say would should clean it at the same time the symbol 2 shows up. The cleaning kit is good for a few clean up and cost about $13.

I have one on order (back order though), can't wait to test it out!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts