Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to access the factory sub-woofer in the rear panel ? I think I have a replacement but can't get the old one out! Mine is a 2013 EXL V6 4wd W/O Nav.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I accessed it but decided to leave it be. It had a decent size magnet on it but I did rewire it in order to run it to a 140w amp (bridged). It hits much better now. There is a bolt on the back of the plastic enclosure holding the sub in place (even though there are screws holding it in from the front). Therefore, you have to remove the entire enclosure to remove the speaker. A little tricky.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the perfect subwoofer

It is made by Earthquake Sound. 8 " x 2 1/8 " Search the web for SWS-8X. SWS stands for "shallow woofer system" only 2 1/8 deep. I surrounded the enclosure with HushMat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Plaubel if you purchase anything from crutchfield they will send you an install guide that shows you how to take it out. You basically have to remove your rear seat and the right half if the trunk. I probably can't post it here directly, but I can guide you through if still looking to get access.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I changed my speaker system on my 2011 CT EX-L recently to all Morel, powered by 2 Alpine amps, through an Audio Control 4XS
I kept the sub an 8" but had the cabinet modified.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Rim
Hood Automotive tire Reflex camera Automotive lighting Point-and-shoot camera

1 - 15 of 15 Posts