Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Finally replaced the radio with a Pioneer unit

Can you please provide more details?

What is the model number of the radio? What was the cost? How are you connecting your mobile device? Do the USB and 3.5mm connection under the center arm rest still function? Why did you replace the speakers and why only the front speakers? Did you add an amp and sub?

Thx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm so jealous! I'd love to have CarPlay in my CT. Do your steering wheel controls work on the new head unit?
so sorry for the long delay in response; the answer is 'sort of' - volume works and channel will forward to the next pre-set or the next song on the album. The ones that have to do with the phone and the voice prompt do nothing. So far it's been great. I'm in sales and use Waze a lot. I'll probably buy new in the next 12 months or so and having Carplay will be a must have on my shopping list.

·
Registered
39 Posts
looks like
Pioneer AVH-1500NEX or something like that...
looking on crutch field..their wizard says its not recommended to change to any system...
there must be some features lost-
features that i wouldn't want to lose is screen 2 (with the estimated mileage)
and the lane change side view camera

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like
Pioneer AVH-1500NEX or something like that...
looking on crutch field..their wizard says its not recommended to change to any system...
there must be some features lost-
features that i wouldn't want to lose is screen 2 (with the estimated mileage)
and the lane change side view camera
Correct that is the model. bought if from Crutchfield; I think you're confusing direct replacement and nothing is a direct replacement for the Crosstour radio.
Since mine is a 2010 there's no lane change side view camera to miss. The navigation is horrible, Waze is light years better and Apple Car Play was not available on any Crosstour. I'm happy, really all that matters, right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interesting switch, considering the factory 6 CD/Radio system is supplied by Pioneer to begin with, including the speakers.
I am taking my car to have the system updated tomorrow.
I figured I didn't want to lose the existing display, with navigation, back up camera, and diagnostics for the car, so I opted to change what really matters, the speakers and amplification.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts