Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here some pictures of panels removal

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wow that looks like it took a long time to accomplish... So did you figure out how to remove the plastic piece on the outside? Or is that the only comfortable way you could find to get to the bulbs?

When you asked me before I thought you were referring to the plastic piece on the outside where bulbs are... I might have misread your question... I did not know how to remove that piece without breaking or scratching anything so I had to wrestle with the sockets a little bit. You can access the license plate lights without removing the panels on the inside.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that looks like it took a long time to accomplish... So did you figure out how to remove the plastic piece on the outside? Or is that the only comfortable way you could find to get to the bulbs?

When you asked me before I thought you were referring to the plastic piece on the outside where bulbs are... I might have misread your question... I did not know how to remove that piece without breaking or scratching anything so I had to wrestle with the sockets a little bit. You can access the license plate lights without removing the panels on the inside.

took me 20 minutes to remove all panels on inside not too bad at all most are clips just pup them out you will see one with original bulbs the other LEDs lit up.

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
oo ok cool... Looks a lot scarier than it really is lmao... then that's definitely better than wrestling around for a half hour in that tiny space... the LEDs look awesome I can only imagine how they look at night... Do you have a pic of the new bulb before mounting?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oo ok cool... Looks a lot scarier than it really is lmao... then that's definitely better than wrestling around for a half hour in that tiny space... the LEDs look awesome I can only imagine how they look at night... Do you have a pic of the new bulb before mounting?

the one you gave me with info.
here pic from Diode Dynamics I thought you got the same one.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pgarci01,

What kind of LED Bulb did you use for the Back up light? do you have the pic of bulb?

thanks

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe I used a 24 SMD LED and the bulb size 7440. I bought it not know if it would fit in the space but a much larger bulb can go in the socket if you wish. These are the bulbs I purchased but I might go brighter in the future lol...

I have those same leds you pictured above but in my trunk lights so if you buy two more they can go there...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150490126800&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

no wonder i can not find 7440 type at Diode Dynamics

thanks for info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts