Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my '10 Crosstour for a '13.

The '10 had a Viper 9501 remote starter in it - pretty much worked great.

Now I am interested in a remote starter that is compatible with my new Smart Key system. The 9501 had an effective open air range of 1/4 mile of open country - and would start my car from inside a metal building - about 100 yards away.

I'm seeing the effective range on the Honda remote starter at 200, which might mean that you have to be right on top of the car to have it remote start.

Does anyone have any experience with remote starters and Honda Smart Key cars?

By the way, my limited experience with the '13 XT is that it is very similar to the '10 - except for the "gadget" acceptance - the '13 interfaces much better than the '10. And it seems a little quicker off of a dead stop - maybe because of the new transmission.

My new car does not have Nav - my '10 did, but I had user interface problems with it. I fixed them by buying a top of the line Garmin GPS and never turned the Honda P(iece)O(f)C(rap) back on.

MnMike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes I have the "official" Honda remote starter - haven't had much occasion to use it yet. The only major difference I notice compared to the old viper (probably) that I had on my MDX is that with the official Honda remote, the engine stops when you open the door, by design, because they consider it a safety issue otherwise. I believe I have tried starting the car from inside my building at work, which is my primary application, but it's a feature I have mostly for the winter, although I might use it during the "dog days of summer."

I'm loving my 2013 V6. I don't understand why anyone would pay extra for a built-in navigation system considering how good smart phones are now at doing GPS.

I particularly like the fact that I just keep the "dongle" in my pocket and touch the door to open or lock it. Someday all our keys will work that way. Only thing better would be if it could fit in my shoe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts