Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I backed out of my garage a LITTLE too quickly today in my new 2013 Crosstour and the garage door snagged my rear spoiler on the way up. :( Thankfully, the damage was minimal but it did detach the spoiler from the tailgate. It appears the only things actually broken are the various fasteners securing the spoiler to the tailgate. There are four steel bolts that will need to be removed (inside the car and on the underside of the tailgate) to reinstall the spoiler and the 10 plastic connectors that need to be replaced. I'd like to try this myself but I'm hoping that you guys can provide some advice or redirection before I attempt it. :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fugured it out. It was a rectangular piece approx 5" x 15" located between the the two glass sections of the tailgate. Just pull straight out and the plastic fasteners release from their mounting holes. To re-install just line up the fasteners and push back in. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I backed out of my garage a LITTLE too quickly today in my new 2013 Crosstour and the garage door snagged my rear spoiler on the way up. :( Thankfully, the damage was minimal but it did detach the spoiler from the tailgate. It appears the only things actually broken are the various fasteners securing the spoiler to the tailgate. There are four steel bolts that will need to be removed (inside the car and on the underside of the tailgate) to reinstall the spoiler and the 10 plastic connectors that need to be replaced. I'd like to try this myself but I'm hoping that you guys can provide some advice or redirection before I attempt it. :confused:
I did the same thing pushing my car out of the garage. Were you able to re-install the spoiler yourself? How?
Thanks
Danny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts