Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Alabaster/Silver Crosstour. I have installed the front spoiler and the sides (Gunmetal gray).

I did’nt like the “lines” in the silver doors but I like the gunmetal which essentially covers it.

Side installation is no problem, front install wasn’t that hard either and my only front installation comments are:

There are two runs of the medium push clips that have to be pulled from underneath. The diagram isn’t that clear and I pulled the front run – wrong: pull the more rear ward set of clips as the entire assembly must be pulled off.

Also the instructions say to pull about half of the adhesive tape backing, install and then remove the remaining – don’t: align it, pull all of the backing and mount. When you gingerly mount, it will mount well enough and then you fight the remaining backing (and probably lose).

Also, just buy some bags of spare push clips as it will save you time in the long run with the “these clips are reused”.

Next up is the rear, which calls out the use of a sawzall. Not keen on sawzall-ing my 2012 (under warranty). One dealer said they would do the install for $100 (they can't find a 2012 listing?), another said $190 (1.5 hours estimate). I am still “thinking”. I own a sawzall and a dremel (and large hammers!).

Any comments?

Side note: spoilers? really? That isn’t an air dam, it is just cute.

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Can you share some pictures?

Any tricks on removing the push clips without destroying or strongly marring them?

Some before, install, and after pictures would really be helpful.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No pics, the car isn’t here – also unfortunately I was half way thru before it was “wait, where is the camera?”.

My caps pulled easy with a 3/16 screw driver (not large or smaller, I found they will damage). Also not surprised as it is only 4 months old so the clip bake time is low; thus the buy spare clips statement.

Also the cross hairs, for the drill holes, were very hard to find/see. For the second set (underneath) I had to test mount the spoiler to get an idea where to even look for the cross hair markers - PITA.

And the car was cold - wasn't driven that day

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to add, the pdf states that there are two dimples/cross hairs for the big cuts. there is only one per side. After dinking with this I realized that the cut doesn't have to be perfect and the cuts are covered anyway. Also I used a dremel to make the big cuts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been searching Google and eBay like crazy! Where did you find the lip kit or better yet any accessories for the crosstour!? EBay just give me crap and I get sent to websites with universal kits. Please send me a link of the site. Thank you!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are stock accessories. I bought the sides from College Hills Honda and the front and rear from Bernardi Honda. Both of them have Honda accessories and Bernardi also posts the install the pdf's

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
is there a difference between the ''before and after'' side spoiler except the color ?
I clearly see the difference for the front and the rear, but the side is hard to catch (is the pieces a different one than the one provided with the car )?

Thank you and congratulation for your projet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No difference - it is just purty-ier. I put the black on because the "ridges" seemed to stand out, changing to black looked better to me and matched with the front black lights

1 - 12 of 12 Posts