Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear seat cushion removal Instructions for the CT 4WD/AWD -
  1. Fold rear seatbacks down – See Step 1 Image Below
  2. Lift the covering between the seatback and the cargo floor - exposing the space behind the seat cushion\
  3. Looking down into the there is a bolt holding a hook or U like bracket that attaches the rear of the cushion to the vehicle.
    1. There is a total to 2 bolts to be removed – One on Driver and One on Passenger Sides of the vehicle
    2. The bolt is a 10m socket/wrench
  4. Lift and place seatbacks into upright position
  5. On the front of the seat cushion – See Step 5 Image Below - both passenger side and driver side rear seat there is a little clip fastener it is just under the front of the seat where the carpet and the seat meat – The fastener pulls forward (towards front of car) and releases the clip attaching the seat to the vehicle floor –
    1. When both pass/driver fasteners have been released the seat “should” lift up and away
    2. If sticky liquids have spilled on the back seat, these liquids will pool between the seat and vehicle flooring- resulting in the seat cushion being seemingly stuck to the bottom of the vehicle. Be care when removing the seat as the spongy cushion easily rips and can impact seat comfort

Step 1 Image

Step 5 Image

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you looking for instructions on removing the carpet? - For me, I would look under the vehicle first to locate rust spots. Not sure what else you might be asking.

Reactions: cargusjoh

·
Registered
66 Posts
The rust spots start inside the car, from a poor weld above the fuel ??? cover. So looking inside it important
I wonder if the carpet can simply be pulled back, or if side trim must be removed

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rust spots start inside the car, from a poor weld above the fuel ??? cover. So looking inside it important
I wonder if the carpet can simply be pulled back, or if side trim must be removed
I see what you're saying - Yes - once you have the seat cushion off, the carpet does pull pack away from the footwell fairly easily ..

Did not know there was a concern like this on the CT.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks a second time! There are two big rust places. Interior as I described, and rear driver side wheel well bad weld or seal. It gets REALLY bad. Maybe you will get hits searching here for "rust" of google "crosstour rust"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts