Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had consistent problems with the gold vinyl "racing stripes" coming loose on my Opal CT. It happened the first time I drove in a rain storm and it has not gotten better. The dealer replaced them at the first oil change, but now about half of them are broken and peeled in places. Is this something others have faced? If so, is there a good solution....or is the solution to just take them off the car?
DLBos39

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have over 15,000 miles on my CT and have seen zero wear on the pin stripes going down the sides of the car. The dealer really needs to get that fixed if they keep coming off or wearing off.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Pinstripes: Aesthetic enhancements to a vehicle. Usually very thin, historically painted on by hand.

Racing Stripes: Originally used to help distinguish vehicles/drivers during fast paced european road racing. (Before everyone got their own number.)

That said, I don't have pinstripes on my CT... but on the cars I've had in the past I've never had an issue with them coming off.

I would certainly make sure the dealer gets their application right. If they are coming off in the way you describe, something is wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
They aren't factory installed, so you need to have the dealer use whoever the got to put them on to make the repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts