Honda Crosstour Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the steering wheel just behind the control buttons, there are 2 holes on each side of the wheel, what the heck are they for and why didn’t Honda make a plug for them. I keep putting my fingers in them and it driving me crazy. :(

·
Registered
237 Posts
Don't know... but are you putting your fingers in the holes accidentally because of the way you hold / grip the wheel or are you just fidgety and your fingers "wander" into the holes? I've not noticed them ... so I'll have to go investigate em now! LOL

·
Registered
622 Posts
LOL, A am a little OCD. It's more that the wholes are there and I can not guess why
Chef, they are there for over curious people. Have your wife get a big fly swatter and just smack you every time you fidget. Or try nicotene gum. LOL.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Okay, I finally remembered to look into the little holes...

They are access holes to get to a couple bolts (I presume to service the steering wheel / Airbag).

Now stop putting your fingers where you can't see them! Didn't your shop teacher tell you anything!?

:)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, just got back from a 1200 mile trip and only put my fingers in the holes once. I am feeling so much better, thanx for all your support:D

Oh yea, 27.2 MPG overall

·
Registered
237 Posts
what was your average speed to get that mpg?

·
Registered
237 Posts
That is amazing gas mileage at that speed, and with a head wind. Though how was your avg speed 67 with your cc set at 80? alot of traffic? I recently did a 1400 mile trip, cc set at 75 and only got 23-24 mpg no matter if I got a head wind or not... *sigh*... always wish for a tail wind... fair weather and following winds.. !

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, I tail wind is a blessing(unless I am the cause of the tail wind) I wil be heading that way again, I'll see what she does this time

·
Registered
35 Posts
darn those holes

Yea, I tail wind is a blessing(unless I am the cause of the tail wind) I wil be heading that way again, I'll see what she does this time
sorry i ever read about them -- now i also stick my ffingers in-- :mad:

re milage-- my ct gives me 26-27 on a long trip with cruise set at 75-78-- and dont need a tailwind!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Chef & Melgottlieb, you two must have some of the better programmed cars to be getting that good of gas mileage at that high of cruise speeds. Good for you! Bad for the rest of us only getting bout 24mpg. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Love this topic!

I have to laugh! Last week I bought both a 2010 Crosstour EXL with Nav and a 2011 Odyssey exl-res. After reading this I was in the CT and found the holes! Couldn't keep my fingers out! Now I just drove my wife's Ody and the same holes are there as well! Damn!! HA!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have to laugh! Last week I bought both a 2010 Crosstour EXL with Nav and a 2011 Odyssey exl-res. After reading this I was in the CT and found the holes! Couldn't keep my fingers out! Now I just drove my wife's Ody and the same holes are there as well! Damn!! HA!!

I think we need to start a CT fingers in the holes on the wheel cult, Chefmark can be the Grand Poobah or something.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts