Honda Crosstour Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed something right away, as I was leaving the dealership, and that was that the brakes seem to have too much travel, when pushing down the brake pedal. It just seems like they need to be bled.
I just went out and measured the distance of the brake pedal travel, when I push down on it, while the car is idling. It measured just over 4". I'm thinking this is definitely too much. Can someone tell me what you think about this? Thank you..

- Tim

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think the brakes are a bit soft. I not sure if they are the same brakes that are in the Accord. But the CT is a lot heavier so that might be the problem.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I know the brakes will also react differently based on how rapidly to apply them.

I had a "panic braking" event and it felt like the car applied the full braking force before I had the pedal even halfway down.

Took my off guard, but I it was surely welcome.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've read reviews that said the brake feel was a bit too soft, but that the stopping distance was fine in spite of the feel. Couldn't hurt to ask about it at your dealership, though.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yeah Tim, we're talking brakes here. Back to the dealer and make sure that you're comfortable with how they perform. Too important for subjective questions on how they feel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all.. Once I get this checked out, I'll post my results.

- Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts