1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Yes this is probably the best oil you can put into the engine. I would suggest a few things.

1) Wait until about 5 or 6 thousand miles to move over to synthetic. A 0w20 oil is so thin that I've heard it takes a bit more of time for the rings to seat and the Crosstour has had some problems with oil consumption. I have a 2012 with 57 miles on it and plan to use the same oil as you around 5 or 6 thousand miles. Basically, the third oil change will be Mobil 1. No, I refuse to follow the oil minder in the car for the first two oil changes. I change the first one around 2,000 miles and the next oil change around 3,000 miles, depending on the type of driving I do. Afterwards, I will allow the Crosstour to tell me when to change the oil.
2) Get yourself a magnetic oil drain plug. They are about $10 on ebay. They even come in different colors (red, chrome, or blue). This will grab the very small metal fragments that the filter will miss.
3) I don't have a preference with oil filters. Years back, most every brand had problems at one time or another. Currently, most any name brand, Fram, Wix, Purolator, etc. will suffice. You can get OEM Honda filters on Ebay for about $6 a piece and even cheaper in larger quantities. I'm plannign on purchasing a lot of around 12 or so Honda filters off ebay.

Don't forget to always use a new crush washer on the drain plug. If I missed anything let me know.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much...I am going to change the oil this weekend at my buddys shop. I wanted to get some more insight and talk to other crosstour owners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts