Honda Crosstour Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at this too

Cant figure how to operate this forum. I hope I'm typing in the right spot but heres my 2010 CT with a 3" lift and 15" american racing rims with meaty all terrain tires that gives me 15" of clearance. I've took it offroad a few times and handles very well off road and on street. I believe I went to customstrutlifts.com for the spacers. And I bought the rims from a 88 jeep wrangler owner. Perfect fit except needed 1/4" wheel spacers for rear to clear caliper. Theres also other mods done but this isnt the place for all that lol.
My 2010 CT is pushing 140k mi and is running strong but she needs new tires. Thanks for posting this info Stziymp. I want to do the same thing you've done here. Do you have a list of aftermarket stuff you've put on? I can't find that customstrutlifts.com website.
What kind of tires you run?
Where did you find the fender flares?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah sorry I'm getting back late. Its uinversalcarlifts.com. my mistake. I only have 12.5 inches of clearance, not 15. As far as the flares, look up ez flares. The 15"rims are from an 88 jeep wrangler yj. And the tires are 30 all terrains. "Kumho, road aventure at5" I never got my tires aligned after I did this and kinda tore through my fronts because of so.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah sorry I'm getting back late. Its uinversalcarlifts.com. my mistake. I only have 12.5 inches of clearance, not 15. As far as the flares, look up ez flares. The 15"rims are from an 88 jeep wrangler yj. And the tires are 30 all terrains. "Kumho, road aventure at5" I never got my tires aligned after I did this and kinda tore through my fronts because of so.
Stziymp, did you end up doing anything to help correct the alignment after the lift or do anything along with the 3" lift as in subframe drop or adjustable joints? I currently have a 1.5" lift and you resurfacing makes me want to get that kit to do 3" but have concerns with keeping an alignment going up high.

Ideally I want to combine the 3" lift with D2 Racing rally spec strut/spring assemblies that are adjustable -.5" to -2.5" which I would probably run at -1" making me only have an 2" effective lift. I'll be at 150k miles by years end and want to replace the as--built stock assemblies preferably with that single decent aftermarket part I could find that wasn't going to air suspension.

Also I'm just over in NY if you're still in MA judging from the plates you have in your old pics if you want to compare cars in person. Also a 2010 with roof add-ons and non-Honda wheels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stziymp, did you end up doing anything to help correct the alignment after the lift or do anything along with the 3" lift as in subframe drop or adjustable joints? I currently have a 1.5" lift and you resurfacing makes me want to get that kit to do 3" but have concerns with keeping an alignment going up high.

Ideally I want to combine the 3" lift with D2 Racing rally spec strut/spring assemblies that are adjustable -.5" to -2.5" which I would probably run at -1" making me only have an 2" effective lift. I'll be at 150k miles by years end and want to replace the as--built stock assemblies preferably with that single decent aftermarket part I could find that wasn't going to air suspension.

Also I'm just over in NY if you're still in MA judging from the plates you have in your old pics if you want to compare cars in person. Also a 2010 with roof add-ons and non-Honda wheels.
Sorry for getting back so late. Yes I'm in Mass still. Was thinking about going up to MT Washington this summer with it. There was someone else in another group from NY too. Was that you? 🤔😅. Alao my dumb ass never did an alignment an tore through my fronts. But other than that, 3 years down the road and it's still in good shape.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking at this too

My 2010 CT is pushing 140k mi and is running strong but she needs new tires. Thanks for posting this info Stziymp. I want to do the same thing you've done here. Do you have a list of aftermarket stuff you've put on? I can't find that customstrutlifts.com website.
What kind of tires you run?
Where did you find the fender flares?
Sorry that was my bad. Its universalcarlift.com. as far as a lift, theres really nothing special to it beside that. And the rims came off an 88 jeep wrangler yj. The earlier jeeps have the same bolt pattern.
•Short ram.
•Straight piped from cats back
•3" strut space
•1/4 wheel space for back rims to clear caliper.
•10" kicker completely hidden in extra trunk compartment.

And the rest are a bunch of ebay and amazon specials lol.

Roof rack is maxxhaul.
Crossbars are a cheap amazon deal that I will never get again.
Front bumper lightbar is from wish.
Now have a legit 41" curved lightbar on roof. From amazon but good brand. Cost 240. I had a bunch of promos and gift cards. Cost me $20 lol.

Unfortunately, Mad Maximus is a budget build special until I can get my life in order. But make no mistakes, the only

21 - 25 of 25 Posts